Cohesive set or hotter chips? (1 Viewer)

Which set are you having made?

• Total voters
Stay classy...I have "hotter" t-shirts from the 90's and they ain't coming back!
LOL neither one is what I would define as "classy" :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
perhaps it is more cohesive than you think? let's see 'em!
Ya still cohesive. Trying to keep it true to my style and avoid too many cooks in the kitchen :)

This is the weirdest thread. Why are pics not being shown? Instead, let me ask for stranger's opinions about a vague concept and definition of "cohesive" and "hotter" to make my multi-thousand dollar decision...

This is the weirdest thread. Why are pics not being shown? Instead, let me ask for stranger's opinions about a vague concept and definition of "cohesive" and "hotter" to make my multi-thousand dollar decision...
I can't speak for @JeepologyOffroad but I can say that some prefer to show their designs to as few people as possible until they are in hand for any number of reasons. A few are, they:
  • Don't want too many cooks in the kitchen. Advice is usually appreciated and helpful but it can also slow the design process at times.
  • Want the surprise factor if they are to be revealed.
  • Have no intention of revealing them.
I'm sure there's other reasons but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Edit... he already posted above before both of our replies:
Trying to keep it true to my style and avoid too many cooks in the kitchen

Last edited:
If this is a workhorse set, which it will be, what matters is how they look on the table for hours on end on a semi-weekly basis for many years to come. The PCF glory of the lineup is fun, but overblown IMO especially since a lot of the chips won’t be on the table at the same time and some may never hit the felt.

And to add context here, you are not talking about vastly different chips. You are talking about one very small color decision that may potentially conflict with your theory of the lineup that taken as a whole does have coherence. This is not some weird Frankenstein outlier chip you are debating.

I’m not really asking for advice about my set specifically. This is my first cpc set so I assumed others had been thru this as well. I know @liftapint mentioned something similar.

Just curious if anyone went cohesive and wished they ordered the opposite after the fact.

The definitions of “cohesive” and “hotter” are intentionally vague without pics because it varies from person to person what that looks like for them, but it’s still the same general concept.

I argue what would be weird would actually be to show the pics and let everyone weigh in on my “multi thousand dollar decision”

My thoughts too lol when I look at my mock up
Glad it’s not just me
That's why you need to design it, order it, and then delete your mockups and sell your color sample set. Anything else just leads to trouble.
True. The more I tinker the closer I get to blowing the idea up completely.

But then again, I’m just going thru the same process I have for all the thc sets I’ve put together. I don’t hate any of those yet

Glad it’s not just me

True. The more I tinker the closer I get to blowing the idea up completely.

But then again, I’m just going thru the same process I have for all the thc sets I’ve put together. I don’t hate any of those yet
Yeah, I think you should go with your first instinct.

I kept tinkering and redesigning my BCC set. All these years later I wish I went with my first 'final' edge spot configurations and colors. I made some last minute changes and have regrets.

Is this the question I was struggling with, when deciding on my frac?
I went with both.

I refuse to participate in the poll. Impossible to vote in the abstract. Must see what voting on.

Is this the question I was struggling with, when deciding on my frac?
I went with both.

I refuse to participate in the poll. Impossible to vote in the abstract. Must see what voting on.
I think this is more along the lines of your 1 and 5. I thought I remembered you telling me you wanted them to be a certain way conventional wisdom be damned

I think this is more along the lines of your 1 and 5. I thought I remembered you telling me you wanted them to be a certain way conventional wisdom be damned
Oh yeah. My 1 and 5 probably don’t look all that great together but I didn’t give a damn. Yes, this is correct. Ok, I vote for that.

My 1 and 5 probably don’t look all that great together but I didn’t give a damn.
That’s the conventional wisdom talking ;) They look great together I’d say.

But yeah if my set is viewed thru the lens of only the standard rules you’re going to have a bad time.

For a little more context just for those curious (not necessarily for the vote), the hotter chips route essentially gets my set close to a “color” set. Not unlike this mixed “yellow” set put together by @72o which I loved.

Not every chip shares the exact same color in mine, but similar palette

Edit: I’ve done dirty stack mock-ups and it shouldnt be an issue

1609992375767-png.609270

I can't speak for @JeepologyOffroad but I can say that some prefer to show their designs to as few people as possible until they are in hand for any number of reasons. A few are, they:
  • Don't want too many cooks in the kitchen. Advice is usually appreciated and helpful but it can also slow the design process at times.
  • Want the surprise factor if they are to be revealed.
  • Have no intention of revealing them.
I'm sure there's other reasons but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Edit... he already posted above before both of our replies:
Maybe add a fourth bullet point:

- Doesn't want design concept ripped off.

I only add that as it happened to me a decade ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom