ClubD CPC Set Pron (1 Viewer)

bsdunbar1

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Before we get to the chip pron I’ll give my own review/thoughts on the chips.

Mold – I bought many sample sets of various molds to get a feel for them. To me the CSQ felt & sounded the best. Also, in oiling all of these, having previously oiled lots of Paulsons & CPCs, I still feel this was the best choice for me. I know others have different opinions, but for me the look, feel & sound of this mold is #1.

Spot Pattern – I went round and round with spot patterns and spot progression until my brain hurt. To get any patterns that went well with each other was too much for me to take. I liked the 6D18 & the 8D18 the best, so I said screw it, I'll just do the entire set that way and make my life easier.

Inlay - @Quicksilver-75 is responsible for the original ClubD design I used for my RHC label overs. At the time, MoscowRadio was actively looking for design work so I decided to let him work on the inlays for these. This design is a subtle rework from the design Quicksilver originally made. Everything else aside with Moscow, one thing I will say is he nailed the color match of the “D” to the chips – The color match to me is spot on and a big factor in the overall look of the chips.

Chips in order from my most favorite to my least favorite -

T1000
Qty = 217
Base - DayGlo Tiger
Color 1 = Gray
Color 2 = Charcoal

This chip is the #1 showstopper in the set for me. The DayGlo Tiger is an amazing color. I went back and forth with the spot color, so it was the chip I was most anxious to see, and I am very happy with the combo of grey/charcoal. It looked good out of the box and I knew it would improve with some oil, but WOW after oiling it is amazing. The design tool can’t really capture how bright and rich this orange is. This is the #1 color for me out of any color on any chip in my lineup

T25
Qty = 237
Base - Light Green
Color 1 = Bright White
Color 2 = Green

This chip was the one that changed my opinion the most once I started oiling them. The design tool was close to the actual chip. Straight from the box they were ok but nothing special to me. After some oil I really started to like the color combo and the way the chip looks as a whole. The bright white is really bright, and the green is just a good compliment to the bright white/light green combo. I did not expect this chip to end up being my #2.

T5000
Qty = 77
Base - DayGlo Peacock
Color 1 = Bright White
Color 2 = Retro Red

Not much changed from the box to the oiling. The design tool was a good representation of what the actual chip looked like and with some oil it just brightened up the entire chip. I am not a big “blue” fan, but this DayGlo Peacock is very bright and the perfect shade of blue.

T100
Qty = 235
Base - Black
Color 1 = DayGlo Peach
Color 2 = DayGlo Pink

This chip was the first box I opened when receiving them and I was STUNNED when I opened the box. The edge spot colors on this chip are amazing together with the black base. In the first 15 minutes I owned them this chip was #1 far and away. It is still an amazing color combo that I think goes well together, but there is a lot of black. With the base black and a dark label, it is harder to see the texture of the mold, the ring lines around the perimeter, etc. I think the colors provide for an amazing stack profile, the best of the bunch in that regard. Looking back at the design tool this chip is pretty dark as well, I just didn’t pay much attention to it. I would still go with the black base because it pops so much combined with the DayGlo Peach & the DayGlo Pink, but there is some merit to considering using a charcoal base for this color combo. I am no photographer for sure, but this black chip was by far the hardest to get a true representation of the spot colors. I only have 1 pic I believe really looks like the correct colors. Most of them the DayGlo Pink doesn’t look very pink.

T25000
Qty = 33
Base - Bright White
Color 1 = Lavender
Color 2 = DayGlo Pink

This was a last-minute addition just to add some depth to the set. We don’t get many of these in play during most games but if I was placing the order I might as well throw a few in to have that option for larger starting stacks if we go there. This chip is about the same scenario as the T5000. The design tool was a good representation of what the actual chip looked like. With a bright white chip there wasn’t a lot of appearance to gain in oiling them.

T500
Qty = 154
Base - Lavender
Color 1 = DayGlo Green
Color 2 = Blurple

This one is my most disappointing chip. The lavender is dull and muted. The chip looks brighter and more exciting on the design tool than it does in real life. Maybe some different spot color choices would have helped. Oil definitely helped the chip but compared to the rest of the chips it is very dark as a whole. Not sure what I would do different as I like the traditional tourney colors, but I wouldn’t make this chip the same way again.

Now for those of you who have taken the time to read my bla bla bla, I will be offering some sample sets – with a twist.
On Sept 03 I will add a post for up to 11 sample sets. The sets will be for 5 chips 25/100/500/1000/5000 and will be the actual cost for these 5 chips + $4 shipping ($23). I will have a flip for 1 of the entries to get their $23 refunded + they will get the only T25000 chip in the group, giving them a 6-piece set for free.

I have already talked to David about an add-on with the same colors but a different inlay on either side of the chip, & using 4DS18+’s. Oh man this could be just the beginning…….
Now on to the pron -

Last edited:
Pron -

25_2.JPG

25_1.JPG

25_3.JPG

100_2.JPG

100_1.JPG

100_3.JPG
500_2.JPG

500_1.JPG

500_3.JPG

1k_2.JPG

1k_1.JPG

1k_3.JPG

IMG_0900.JPG

IMG_0827.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0831.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1027.JPG

Last edited:
absolutely stunning dude. I love the inlay. For some reason I find it simple and complex all at the same time. Really, I'm only a few bourbons deep :)

I'm hosting in two weeks. Guest set? :)

absolutely stunning dude. I love the inlay. For some reason I find it simple and complex all at the same time. Really, I'm only a few bourbons deep :)

Thank You sir
My Inspiration was The D chip from Vegas. I may be a tad impartial but I think mine looks better. :D
D_1a.jpg

I'm hosting in two weeks. Guest set? :)

I wish!!!

Gorgeous set! Really dig the color matched inlays. Nice work!

@bsdunbar1 you're out of your mind, those 500s rock, the dg green on lavender almost makes them look like they glow fluorescent, I think that's actually my favorite chip, along with the 25k. Great lineup top to bottom, congrats and best of luck dragging many pots your way.

WOW. Outstanding! Congratulations, on the upper deck home run.

@bsdunbar1 you're out of your mind, those 500s rock, the dg green on lavender almost makes them look like they glow fluorescent, I think that's actually my favorite chip, along with the 25k. Great lineup top to bottom, congrats and best of luck dragging many pots your way.

Thanks, and I appreciate your input along the way with these.
The DayGlo green does look fluorescent in natural daylight, just not as bright indoors.

Bill -- Fantastic! Love the black inlays. The inlay, the edge spots and progression -- all beautifully done.

Congratulations. Well done!

Did I miss the T1000 close-ups or something?? Those are the ones I REALLY want to see too...! o_O :whistle: :whistling:

Other than the missing Pr0n, congrats on an awesome set! Hope to see it in person some day too! :tup:

Beauties man! Congrats on such a sweet set. I’m partial to the T25 (light green is the shit) and I love the T25000. Great job.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom