Clint Eastwood's Spaghetti Westerns (1 Viewer)

Just listened to the good, the bad and the ugly version and it’s so awesome.

Love those movies and the music so much.

And did I see someone playing an ocarina in that video? @Ronoh

Last edited:
Some of my favorites. A couple years back went to the area where they filmed the final cemetery scene in Spain for the Good, Bad, and Ugly, the set is still discernable, especially as you start to descend into the valley and can still see the circular shapes from the graves they built. Also went to monument valley and where they filmed the ending of Once Upon a Time in the West, the hanging arch.

I'd highly recommend the Spain visit if your ever in the area. The valley is very secluded, full of honey bees, and just a beautiful place. They also filmed the prisoner of war scenes there.

I actually watched the Good, Bad, and Ugly yesterday while I was labeling chips!

Small trivia, the music they play at the WSOP now is "The Ecstasy of Gold" by Ennio, its the music that plays when Tuco finds Sad Hill Cemetery and is running in circles looking for Arch Stanton's grave. I played it on my ipod when we were driving into the valley and could see the cemetery. Pretty cool.

I know that scene. I must have watched these 3 movies over 20 times each. The Tuco gun shop scene was good.

I know that scene. I must have watched these 3 movies over 20 times each. The Tuco gun shop scene was good.

If you haven't seen it yet, you should see Once Upon a Time in the West by Sergio with Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, and Jason Robards. Darker storyline, more polished filming, epic scenery and just superb acting, and of course the music score is just off the scale. One of the rare movies where Henry Fonda plays the villain, and he's just top notch.

I read somewhere that Eli Wallach basically made all that up on the spot and it was shot in one take. Probably had something to do with the script was only like 5 pages, they were expected to act their parts and it was more imagery than dialogue anyway.

If you haven't seen it yet, you should see Once Upon a Time in the West by Sergio with Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda, and Jason Robards. Darker storyline, more polished filming, epic scenery and just superb acting, and of course the music score is just off the scale. One of the rare movies where Henry Fonda plays the villain, and he's just top notch.

I think I saw part of it on YT. bar scene. I'll have to check it out again.

I have always wondered if the Tuco character in Breaking Bad was so named as an homage to the character Wallach played. Anyone know?

Who would've thought 50 odd years later, they sound great....lol. Italo Veg. has got a bit of Charlie Callas about him....miss a good western.
Good find Tommy (y) :thumbsup:

Anyone ever watch the maestro of spaghetti westerns, Akira Kurosawa?

Here’s a scene from one of his movies... many of the movies mentioned ITT are remakes of his classics...

AFDBF909-CBAD-438C-A20D-770AA3AA681D.png

When I was a kid, my mother introduced me to TGTB&TU.... made me watch it.

At first my mindset was akin to "boorrring". But as the film went on I couldn't pull away. Years later but long before the days where you can have anything you want from amazon I waited until it was broadcast on TV and stood by faithfully with my vcr to record (and pause recording on commercials) so I could have the movie in full.

Now it sits as one of the very few dvd's I own.

It's difficult to think of many westerns that are better.

And I agree.... the music as Tuco orbits the graves is profoundly good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom