• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Cleveland CL: 1000 Red Web Molds (1 Viewer)

According to Robert Eisenstadt, the manufacturing of chips using the web mold (MD-91) was turned over to Paulson around 1995. Eisenstadt provides a brief history of the mold on his site (link). At some point, Michael Patton owned 14 sets (28 cups) and offered them for sale, but I don't know who picked them up.

Check out this thread on ChipTalk. (warning: yellow text)

Thanks for the heads up, I couldn't resist ;) Total count is 1009 and they are in very good shape... is possible they never saw use. I assumed I would just trash the case but it is very sturdy. Cosmetically has seen better days but it's a very solid traveling case.

11059428_10206403922840464_144123266378914354_n.jpg

11080947_10206403922800463_5885339085483113057_n.jpg

So do you think they are made by ASM or Paulson? Any brass flakes? Nice chips, especially because my initials are MM.

Glad someone here was able to grab them.

So do you think they are made by ASM or Paulson? Any brass flakes?
I would guess ASM based on feel & handling but I really don't know how to tell. I see no brass flakes.

Likely not asm, I've seen this mold mostly on BCC chips (v2 riverboats) and I don't think the cups/molds used for BCC or paulson are compatible with ASM's equipment.

I would guess ASM based on feel & handling but I really don't know how to tell. I see no brass flakes.

If these chips were manufactured before 1995 they may have been made by Burt Co. See the link in post #4. Jim Blanchard might know.

Likely not asm, I've seen this mold mostly on BCC chips
I'm sure you are right. I have little experience with ASM or BCC, all I know is they feel and handle more like the few custom sets I've played with (links, Jeff, courage) than Paulson.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom