Cleaning White Chips that have Yellowed? (1 Viewer)

BirdCage

Flush
Reaction score
I searched, but didn't come across anything that specifically seemed to address yellowed poker chips. I acquired (longish story) 500 older chips that have yellowed. Since I also purchased brand new chips of the same style (more of the longish story), I can post a pic of what the white vs. yellowed chips look like.

I've tried isopropol alcohol, Dawn, Clorox bleach, toothpaste and Borax (just all not at once!!!) Hardly even a one shade change in color (and thankfully no label damage).

Is there an easy way to bulk whiten these chips. I know there not worth much. Thanks in advance.
White vs Yellow 4 Aces.jpg

This may be an interesting experiment, but I've cleaned shoe soles with saloncare 40 and heat (back porch). Theres also video of people using it to get the yellow off of plastics. Maybe look into it.

^^ This. Often it's due to UV exposure, which is irreversible.

Haven't tried Magic Eraser (don't have it on hand). I'm thinking it might be irreversible. Not a big loss, shabby but usable if necessary. Thanks.

Could try peroxide and UV lights. Or just UV lights (but it'll take longer). You can buy UV less in a string.

Could try peroxide and UV lights. Or just UV lights (but it'll take longer). You can buy UV less in a string.

I've seen something like this done in console restoration videos (
) H202 + UV for 4 days.
Has anyone tried this for yellowed Bud Jones chips?

1678308487708.png
1678308513391.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom