Cleaning Shuffle Stacks with Mineral Oil (1 Viewer)

asam2006

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I've posted about this before but since I spend a lot of time shuffling stacks of chips I thought I would post again. When I get a new stack of chips I clean off the chip dust with mineral oil and wipe them clean with a rag. After I've shuffled them for about one week they look like this...
IMG_0457.jpg

I take the chips individually and wipe them with mineral oil and a white rag. I do this several times until all the color transfer is gone so they look like this

IMG_0468.jpg

I then spend about another week shuffling the stack and repeat the process trying to get as much oil off the chips as possible. Each time the colors return to almost the original chip colors. The chips get worn down a little each time but eventually they shuffle as smooth as silk and always look great.
IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0463.jpg

I've posted about this before but since I spend a lot of time shuffling stacks of chips I thought I would post again. When I get a new stack of chips I clean off the chip dust with mineral oil and wipe them clean with a rag. After I've shuffled them for about one week they look like this...
View attachment 494427
I take the chips individually and wipe them with mineral oil and a white rag. I do this several times until all the color transfer is gone so they look like this

View attachment 494429
I then spend about another week shuffling the stack and repeat the process trying to get as much oil off the chips as possible. Each time the colors return to almost the original chip colors. The chips get worn down a little each time but eventually they shuffle as smooth as silk and always look great.View attachment 494431View attachment 494432.
Just so im understanding this correctly.

You wipe the chip dust off (is this chalk? Im new to the poker chip world and im finding a lot of chalky white powder on a few chips).

Apply some mineral oil to the chips and wipe off excess oil.

shuffle and play with chips for a bit. About a week.

Scrub off dirt, oil, yucky stuff and reapply the mineral oil / wipe off excess?

rinse and repeat until pleased with results?

Mint chips have colored chip dust that’s chalky. Apply oil in a thin line on the towel and roll the chip between the oiled folded towel using the thump and index finger the hold the chip. Apply liberally and set the chip to one side for 20 minutes and let the oil soak in. Then get a paper towel and wipe the chip clean of all oil. When cleaning dirty chips use the same method no need for soap and water. Just clean the chip with oil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom