Cleaning Rim Horseshoes On Binion's Horseshoe Chips (1 Viewer)

GreenChip111

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I have a lot of Binion's Horseshoe chips manufactured in the Horseshoe Mold - with the little horseshoes around the rim. Some of these little horseshoes are quite grimy (especially the $25 1984 issues) and I haven't had a lot of success in cleaning them up. I am not enthusiastic about purchasing an ultra-sonic cleaner at this point and am wondering if a basic tooth brush with some Dawn could scrub out the ground in dirt from the horseshoes. One concern - could toothbrush bristles damage a clay chip?

Thanks in advance for any replies

G

I have a lot of Binion's Horseshoe chips manufactured in the Horseshoe Mold - with the little horseshoes around the rim. Some of these little horseshoes are quite grimy (especially the $25 1984 issues) and I haven't had a lot of success in cleaning them up. I am not enthusiastic about purchasing an ultra-sonic cleaner at this point and am wondering if a basic tooth brush with some Dawn could scrub out the ground in dirt from the horseshoes. One concern - could toothbrush bristles damage a clay chip?

G
The horseshoe mold has been particularly taxing on this regard. However my ultrasonic seems to do most of the heavy lifting. I've not had much success with just elbow grease. I wish you luck.

G

Toothbrushes should be okay. Just be careful when applying pressure and don't let the chip soak for too long. To clean, i use a product called Sterlings Magic. Doesn't seem to harm the chip. Also i use toothpicks to get the gunk out of the crevices. Good luck!

Yep, a soft bristle toothbrush and quite a bit of scrubbing. I’ve only done a few, can’t imagine the time/effort with a whole set. Good luck

Ultrasonic would probably help take a lot of the struggle out of that big rim job.

Ultrasonic would probably help take a lot of the struggle out of that big rim job.
Beware Ultrasonic for the horseshoe molds are a killing machine. Even without any cleaner and just distilled water the color will bleed heavily on a towel right away.
With TSP they are like Alka Seltzer

Sterling Magic and a brush then rinse is my favorite route. A toothpick will clean any hard to get juice in the 'shoe mold. Even with this delicate approach some of them will leave slight color on a rag during final wipe down. This mold is very fragile to clean.

These horseshoes were just cleaned with Sterling's magic the Thc's were ultrasonically cleaned.
I was disgusted by the water after

1597705634454323685019444718057.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom