Cleaning relablel/overlabel chips (1 Viewer)

VMR911

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
How can I clean over lableled or relabeled chips without potentially losing the label? Thanks

How can I clean over lableled or relabeled chips without potentially losing the label? Thanks
I know part of it depends on the kind of label it is. If it’s laminated (used for full inlay replacement) those should be nice and waterproof I believe. But overlabeled chips aren’t laminated so much less waterproof - maybe wiping with a damp cloth is okay though.

Here’s some info on labels from @Gear’s website https://www.gearlabels.com/faq-label-related

I know part of it depends on the kind of label it is. If it’s laminated (used for full inlay replacement) those should be nice and waterproof I believe. But overlabeled chips aren’t laminated so much less waterproof - maybe wiping with a damp cloth is okay though.

Here’s some info on labels from @Gear’s website https://www.gearlabels.com/faq-label-related
They are the pointe after textured labels. Any insight as the ex-owners? @Pinkdan @sheikh617

I've had no issue cleaning relabelled chips with laminated labels in the ultrasonic.

I think @allforcharity also has experience with cleaning labelled chips.
Submerging them? :eek: That's scary.
Also how the eff do you use a ultrasonic cleaner, is it a standard clean for all chips because then I might get it!

I cleaned my animal house 1.0 set with magic eraser and dawn. This set has laminated gear labels (Inlay replaced) and they held up fine.
2E78EDEE-9030-453A-BB0A-4F572F7FB212.jpeg

I think @allforcharity also has experience with cleaning labelled chips.

Truth be told, I've only ever cleaned maybe 3 racks of unlaminated, overlabeled chips on the ultrasonic, but they went fine.

I think the tricky part is when you oil them, as there is the concern about oil seeping in underneath the overlabel.

Dawny soapy water with a microfiber cloth or submerged? Teach me senpai
20 at a time. Soak in a red solo cup for a few minutes in warm soapy water. Scrub each side with magic eraser. Every 5, I stack them together and scrub the edges. If U do the edges 1 at a time it destroys the magic eraser. repeat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom