Cleaning & milling (1 Viewer)

jpietrella

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I've got about 700 chips to be milled, labeled and oiled. ~400 of them need to be cleaned as well. Is there a preferred order of operations? I'm assuming MILL, CLEAN, OIL in that order - but want to be sure so hoping to get input from folks that have done all 3!

Gear says that you can oil/label in either order. But if you do oil the milled area, then I would definitely wait long enough to ensure that the oil dries/absorbs. If you label first and then oil, just make sure you give the label adhesive enough time to cure. I think it's faster the 2nd way since label curing is most likely faster than waiting for the oil to dry.

Gear says that you can oil/label in either order. But if you do oil the milled area, then I would definitely wait long enough to ensure that the oil dries/absorbs. If you label first and then oil, just make sure you give the label adhesive enough time to cure. I think it's faster the 2nd way since label curing is most likely faster than waiting for the oil to dry.
Cool, makes sense. I'm less concerned with how long everything will take and more with just doing whatever is best for the long term. I'm guessing that oiling the entire chip is probably best, but just make sure that I give it enough time to get completely dry surfaces before applying labels?

I mill, clean then oil. And I use the water/oil method to oil.

Like others said, just wait a few days to allow the chips to completely dry and you will have no problems.

So here are some right after mill, cleaning and oil.
IMG_20200202_135550.jpg

And they became this. :tup:

IMG_20200622_224422.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom