Cleaning & milling

jpietrella

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got about 700 chips to be milled, labeled and oiled. ~400 of them need to be cleaned as well. Is there a preferred order of operations? I'm assuming MILL, CLEAN, OIL in that order - but want to be sure so hoping to get input from folks that have done all 3!

BearMetal

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gear says that you can oil/label in either order. But if you do oil the milled area, then I would definitely wait long enough to ensure that the oil dries/absorbs. If you label first and then oil, just make sure you give the label adhesive enough time to cure. I think it's faster the 2nd way since label curing is most likely faster than waiting for the oil to dry.

jpietrella

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gear says that you can oil/label in either order. But if you do oil the milled area, then I would definitely wait long enough to ensure that the oil dries/absorbs. If you label first and then oil, just make sure you give the label adhesive enough time to cure. I think it's faster the 2nd way since label curing is most likely faster than waiting for the oil to dry.
Cool, makes sense. I'm less concerned with how long everything will take and more with just doing whatever is best for the long term. I'm guessing that oiling the entire chip is probably best, but just make sure that I give it enough time to get completely dry surfaces before applying labels?

jpietrella

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also - either way, sounds like the consensus is that MILLING should definitely be first?

BearMetal

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score

arch3r

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mill, clean then oil. And I use the water/oil method to oil.

Like others said, just wait a few days to allow the chips to completely dry and you will have no problems.

So here are some right after mill, cleaning and oil.
IMG_20200202_135550.jpg

And they became this. :tup:

IMG_20200622_224422.jpg

Top Bottom