Cleaning Milanos for the first time

naaahhh

Sitting Out
Reaction score
What's the best way to clean dusty/chalky milanos for the first time? I don't really want to purchase an ultrasonic cleaner. They are super dirty or anything but I felt like I couldn't really just wipe all the white stuff off the chips that easily. Appreciate any tips. Thanks

Eloe2000

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good ol bucket of cold water, dish soap, a sponge or cloth, and elbow grease. I used to just use a flow of cold water and a pasta strainer in the kitchen sink.

then if you would like you can oil them, but go easy with that.

Last edited:

LotsOfChips

Two Pair
Reaction score
they just got the factory dust/chalk on them
A wipe down with a soapy cloth, quick rinse and dry, followed by a light oiling is the answer then, as per the thread noted above. I will get rid if the chalkiness, increase the vibrancy of the colors, and reduce the CC smell a fair bit.

I haven't tried the pasta strainer method, but I was surprised how much chalkiness transferred to the cloth when wiping them individually. Elbow grease is needed, for sure. Not sure that a simple rinse would be as effective.

BonScot

Flush
Reaction score
I found that Milanos stayed “clean” for a few weeks then the powdery residue returned. Be interested to find out how you get on and if you’re chips stay clean.

Top Bottom