Cleaning Funky orange (mold?) on Pink chips (1 Viewer)

Nanook

Full House
Reaction score
I have some of these HS Cleveland $500's in hand and quite a few of them have this orange (ish) funky coloring where it should be pink. It isn't on all the chips and it isn't everywhere on the chips that it is on.

I seem to remember this coming up on one of the Snappers from Jim in the past 2 yrs or so. Maybe it was on HSI, Maybe it was on JACK Cinci, or maybe on something else. In any case I know there was some discussion on how to get rid of it, but I can't seem to find any of the threads on it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OMG, that looks like it's the exact same stuff on the HSI snappers! I can't remember what the final hypothesis was, but I thought it had to do with the color breaking down.

Wanna borrow my ultrasonic? Will be in EP tomorrow for Thanksgiving and could drop it off….

Haha...
Thanks for the offer. I have one and I will put into service and see how it goes
Please report back! I tried cleaning the HSIs in my U/S with fake TSP and it did NOTHING ... have yet to try Simple Green (which I heard worked better on the rust), but I'd love to hear of a success in the U/S.

And I also remember a post where a member said they originally "looked" good after the U/S, but then they took a microfiber cloth to it and it was all pinkish/yellow grossness still coming off.

Magic eraser is the only thing I have seen work. On the HSI snappers there is so much pink that it very difficult and you must scrub multiple times. I recognized the same issue on Paris $2s but since there is so little pink it was easy to clean.
Does anyone know if it returns once it is cleaned off?
BA616A05-EE4F-4E11-BFA1-742F7A95D7DA.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom