Cleaning ceramics (1 Viewer)

torarnv

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I recently acquired a small set of ceramic chips that had been in use in a local club here in Norway.

What's the best (and safe) way of cleaning ceramic chips? Warm water and dishwasher soap + a light cloth/scrub? Are there any risks of the "print" being dissolved?

Thanks!

I use an ultrasonic on mine, but I use the cheap harbor freight one not the high powered ones the Paulson people use

Dishwashing soap that is labeled as gentle etc like Palmolive are generally ph neutral and would be fine on ceramics. Just don’t let the water get too hot.

Dishwashing soap that is labeled as gentle etc like Palmolive are generally ph neutral and would be fine on ceramics. Just don’t let the water get too hot.
Like 120 degrees? Or maybe that's too hot? :sneaky:

Screenshot_20240126-015405_Firefox.jpg

For ceramics I just wipe them with a damp cloth - made damp with warm water with a couple of drops of washing up liquid in it and rung out. If the chips have molds then I'd just add a soft toothbrush into the mix.

Dirt doesn't penetrate ceramics so it doesn't really take any effort to keep them clean. Real clay chips are a different story and need a more considered approach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom