Cleaning Bud Jones Coin-in-Center chips (1 Viewer)

liftapint

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
There's tons of great info on here about how to clean clay chips (LOVE my ultrasonic). But I can't find anything about how to clean Bud Jones Coin-in-Center chips. Anyone have experience with this that they'd like to share?

Are you looking to remove the patina from the inlay?

If so, Brasso is king. It is a labor intensive process but makes those inlays shine! It is a minor abrasive so know that going in and there will be very minor (almost un-noticeable) scratches on the coins. I suggest doing the Brasso, then rinsing them with warm water and a toothbrush to get any residue out.

I did this with a ton of Grove chips and was pleased with the results.

....If so, Brasso is king. It is a labor intensive process but makes those inlays shine! It is a minor abrasive so know that going in and there will be very minor (almost un-noticeable) scratches on the coins. I suggest doing the Brasso, then rinsing them with warm water and a toothbrush to get any residue out.

Q-tips work great.

I threw a few in the ultrasonic, seemed to work well with no problems

yes, I would worry about fading, but don't use a high concentration or hot water. Test on some other BJ's first. I will probably run more tests to be safe.

I just tried out the Brasso cleaning method on these and was aboslutely AMAZED at how they turned out and how easy it was to clean them. I literally just put a tiny drop on a paper towel, and rubbed the face of the coin. It only took a few seconds to get it to look like this.

Before:

Before Brasso.jpg

After:

After Brasso.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom