Cleaning Brand New Chips (1 Viewer)

Hi,

I just got in some brand new monte carlo clay chips from apache poker: https://www.apachepokerchips.com/product/monte-carlo-poker-chips/ nothing to fancy.

They are very dusty, and I was curious the best way to clean them out of the box.
Our first set as well. They’ll play nice for you. I’ve added several items from the classifieds since and got in on a group buy.

You’ll be sucked in soon but never forget you MC’s

They’re not bad chips.

Our first set as well. They’ll play nice for you. I’ve added several items from the classifieds since and got in on a group buy.

You’ll be sucked in soon but never forget you MC’s

They’re not bad chips.
Thanks, appreciate it. Cant wait to use the crap out of them.

I wouldn’t recommend oiling, as these are slugged plastic chips.
Apache has these as clay, am I mistaken?

Thanks, appreciate it. Cant wait to use the crap out of them.

They claim they’re clay. The guy in the long tutorial on here oiled Milanos. They look like the same Milanos from The Poker Store. I’m going to oil one barrel of my MC’s. I think it’ll be fine.

They claim they’re clay. The guy in the long tutorial on here oiled Milanos. They look like the same Milanos from The Poker Store. I’m going to oil one barrel of my MC’s. I think it’ll be fine.
I bought the MC sampler from Apache and they’re the same chips as the ones I got from the Poker Store. Bought them from there because they had all the denoms I wanted and sold them in bulk

Lots of chips are advertised as clay when they are not. And even "real" clay chips have plastic in them. See https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...or-frequent-home-game-use.74715/#post-1515301 for a nice explanation.

The 20¢/chip and under on Apache's site are definitely more plasticky and do not need to be oiled, and may actually end up being too slick and slippery because the oil does not absorb like it does with real clay chips or even china clay.

Also, do not oil ceramics chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom