Claysmith Showdown Chips (1 Viewer)

Funny I just bought a bunch of the donkey chips. I just wanted something cheap till then

I’ve got a sample set of the Poker Knights with the same mold and colors. They’re quite nice for the price. If I ever fully replace my main set I lost, I’ll probably buy and self label some breed of Claysmiths.

Good friction between chips. Comparing to other chips I have handled, I anticipate 20-high stacks should be effortless and 40-high is probably modestly unstable.

At 13.5 grams they feel too heavy. My deceased Nexgen 8002s were 12 grams but didn’t bother me much. These, I immediately notice that they feel a touch off. Not a deal breaker for me, but I imagine many would hate this aspect.

The texture is great! For a 15-cent chip, they do manage to replicate a little of that chalky feel a nice compression molded chip provides.

The sound is OK. You can definitely hear a metal slug in there, but the chip material muffles it well enough in my opinion.

The colors look nice, but come with a caveat. The red, green, black, and purple are all similarly muted, and can be hard for my 50-year eyes to tell apart if the room is not well lit. Something to consider if you have a group of older players.

I'm a newbie to the forum and looking for a chip set. The Claysmith Showdowns caught my eye. Any critiques would be welcome!
I have a set of the Claysmith Poker Knights, which have a similar design with a different label. I like them a lot, especially at their price point. The $1s are my favorite of the set. The $0.25s could be better.

I finally pulled the trigger on a Showdown set. You guys were spot on with critiques. They're somewhat dull in color and a little heavy but at the end of the day, I just liked the design and color patterns too much. I'm really liking them and will have no concern about wear and tear when my heathen friends are fondling them. Thanks for all the input!!

PS - Gonna start another thread to discuss what should happen with my CDM set!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom