Clay Smith out of business? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
A few months ago I tried to get on Clay Smith's site. I know they're not the best chips in the world, but they have a spot in my heart. Especially ones like showdown club. And to be honest, if you smooth out the edges they're pretty nice for slugos. Anyway, the site was down. I contacted them and they said it was just maintenance. I went to look again today. It says they are temporarily closed. I thought they did a pretty good business.

You can find the entire Claysmith lineup here: https://www.thepokerstore.com/
They also have some of the best deals on cards, they beat amazon every day! I don't even wanna admit it, because I can get things sold out from other places. They always send you multiple cut cards that are all custom sayings on them, its not the world but its a really cool gesture.

They also have some of the best deals on cards, they beat amazon every day! I don't even wanna admit it, because I can get things sold out from other places. They always send you multiple cut cards that are all custom sayings on them, its not the world but its a really cool gesture.
Yeah, I had a good experience with them myself. I bought a set of Showdowns from them. Fast shipping and great customer service.

In my experience, certain sluggos from https://www.discountpokershop.com/ are better chips. I had the Monacos, and they had a softer feel, weren’t nearly as slippery as the Claysmiths I’ve had, and stacked better. Also, no rough flashing on the edges. YMMV.

Yeah, I had a good experience with them myself. I bought a set of Showdowns from them. Fast shipping and great customer service.

In my experience, certain sluggos from https://www.discountpokershop.com/ are better chips. I had the Monacos, and they had a softer feel, weren’t nearly as slippery as the Claysmiths I’ve had, and stacked better. Also, no rough flashing on the edges. YMMV.
Got a set of Cash Club Sluggos from Straight Poker Supply in Canada. Definitely feel softer, no rough edges and stack nice for the most part. If the stickers are put on correctly without debris under it

I have outlaws from them. They also feel softer with no rough edges and they are bespoke. They have pretty nice slugged chips

I recall from my early days in the hobby (two years ago! lol) that the Claysmith site was always partially broken anyway, with some pages that wouldn't load and some ugly formatting errors.

Maybe they just stopped bothering to maintain the website, since all of their business is done through resellers like thepokerstore etc. It'd be interesting if Brybelly has discontinued the line and Claysmiths eventually go out of stock, but I wouldn't assume that was true without seeing something more conclusive.

I recall from my early days in the hobby (two years ago! lol) that the Claysmith site was always partially broken anyway, with some pages that wouldn't load and some ugly formatting errors.

Maybe they just stopped bothering to maintain the website, since all of their business is done through resellers like thepokerstore etc. It'd be interesting if Brybelly has discontinued the line and Claysmiths eventually go out of stock, but I wouldn't assume that was true without seeing something more conclusive.
It looks like Clay Smith chips are hard to get everywhere. A few places have them but a majority of resellers do not have them or have limited stock. I think something's going on. We'll just have to see. Yes, I remember how bad the website was too. I mean really awful

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom