Classiest Chip Design (2 Viewers)

I really really love the customs that @Rhodeman77 and @72o have created. I cherish these samples..
IMG_20200224_125813.jpg

Classy to me means:

No cartoony pics or fonts
No 'slogans'
No human faces or animals (usually)
No more than 2-color inlay (usually, rare exceptions)

To my definition, I see very few 'classy' chips above.

I see a LOT of chips I LOVE, but classy is not how I'd identify them. Love the Nevada Lodge chips.....especially the font; but I would call the font 'unclassy' a bit too cartoony.

Wynn chips are classy. I also find them boring and in the bottom 25% of chips I'd like compared
to everything out there.

The TH&C set is classy, the ACF set is close......a better font might do it for me.

But hey, this IS opinion, right?
NO DOGS??!! NOW YOU'VE GONE TOO FAR....

I really don't see how anyone can consider a chip with "Wynn" on it as classy.

And I won't even mention the former owner of the Taj... :vomit:

You're kidding with these, right? The Sunset Beach chips look like you gave a child a box of crayons and said "make something pretty." These are fun and awesome, no doubt. But they are the opposite of what I'd call classy.
Must have been a pretty gifted kid to come up with those lol.

"Classy" is in the eye of the beholder. To me it rules out copy-cat chips (Donkey KGB, Sunset Beach, etc). Nothing wrong with them, but why not just pick the original? I lean toward simpler, retro designs. Faux shaped inlays are a no-go. Photos are generally a deal killer too, although I love my Marilyn's and PNYs.

Lots of good chips so far in this thread. Some I haven't seen are HQ's customs and the Big Top chips are very classy. They are beautiful, each and every chip, and they strike the right note on the theme and execution of the inlay:

3A1D9816-2B0B-40B6-8287-8C7E95A8F14E_1_105_c.jpeg

E4664061-BB94-4DB5-A853-19D46B76F1D3_1_105_c.jpeg

You're kidding with these, right? The Sunset Beach chips look like you gave a child a box of crayons and said "make something pretty." These are fun and awesome, no doubt. But they are the opposite of what I'd call classy.
Tell us how you really feel ? SMH

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom