Clash Of Clans (1 Viewer)

grandgnu

A new beginning
Reaction score
Since we had a thread over at the other site I figured we should have one at our new home. Who else is Clashing?

Here's my TH9 base which has served me really well. The majority of attacks are snipes, but those who do try to break it typically get 20-25% damage and very few of my resources

64ld7t.jpg

oj19jp.jpg

Here is my TH8. I'm not really that into it but started the clan to help my kids a while back since they are on the young side to do it well themselves. Now I feel too invested so I still keep up with it on most days.

COC.jpg
COC1.jpg

Thanks, it is pretty funny when you have a bunch of 7 yr olds saying the name and not knowing what it means. I felt like I had to explain it to my son and his friends so that their parents don't think I really belong in your clan name ;-)

I'm clashing.. Not over the top, but I just got let into a secret clan of locals... All coworkers who I just realized we're clashing. These are all friends, who donate Dragons and high level beasties on a regular occurrence ... War twice a week, and are helping me and my son improve our game..

I'm Upgrading my TH to 8 right now, probably prematurely, but most of my stuff is respectfully upgraded... Though not all to max yet.

You you can check out my village... Name might shock you..."trihonda"

Here's the attacks that tried to break my base. I'm in Gold II because that's where all the loot is. When I was in Crystal I there was plenty of DE to be found, but not much Gold or Elixir. Eventually I'll climb back up there to pump heroes though plus get my gems for reaching masters (I was just 100 trophies away last time)

33m35oj.jpg

Level 94 TH9 currently working on maxing out Valks for war attacks to try out something new... at this level dragons are worthless, hogs have gotten boring and the rest all use a variant of gowipe/gowiwi for war (always 1 or 2 but very rarely for 3 stars). Figured I would try to specialize instead of going with the same researches everyone else is currently doing.

Level 94 TH9 currently working on maxing out Valks for war attacks to try out something new... at this level dragons are worthless, hogs have gotten boring and the rest all use a variant of gowipe/gowiwi for war (always 1 or 2 but very rarely for 3 stars). Figured I would try to specialize instead of going with the same researches everyone else is currently doing.

The problem with Valks is that they're susceptible to a spring trap just like giants. That's why I prefer GoWiWiPe because Golems and PEKKA aren't getting flung off the map (well, except for when a Golem breaks into two smaller golemites)

I need to get my Golems up to snuff before I go back to warring, as they are only lvl 1. Got my PEKKAS to lvl 3 though, they're pretty nasty. Today my lvl 6 ballons (black with skulls) will be complete, then I can try LavaLoonIon for fun (still have lvl 1 lava hounds but lvl 5 minions and will have lvl 6 balloons)

I had someone recently attack me with (16) maxed Hogs and (21) maxed valks. Unfortunately for them I had a lvl 3 dragon in my CC which roasted his 21 valks as they clumped together whacking at my wall.

I had someone recently attack me with (16) maxed Hogs and (21) maxed valks. Unfortunately for them I had a lvl 3 dragon in my CC which roasted his 21 valks as they clumped together whacking at my wall.
Size of his troops don't matter much when it's a bad attack by a bad player who doesn't understand the concept of luring.

When you go back to warring keep the dragons out of your castle, makes the lure too easy.

I wandered into this thread and I feel like everyone is speaking a foreign language lol...

Just unlocked lvl 6 Balloons and did my first high level Balloonion attack (but not LavaLoonIon, that's next). Love that I can boost barracks right now, coming in handy for trying this out

Save your gems for more builders, trust me
I disagree... as soon as you decide you enjoy the game fork over a small amount of dough and buy your 4th and 5th builders. While a lot of people are happy in keeping the game "free", I was more than happy to throw the owners a negligible amount of cash to put myself months (literally) ahead of the game :) It's really a win/win as it also frees you up to spend the gems you earn ;)

Also, you're better off using gems to boost barracks or complete troop builds and then raid to get loot, than to spend gems to fill your storages to pay for stuff.

Agreed on gems for builders and boosting barracks. Not saying that paying for them is not a valid strategy too but for me the whole challenge was doing it for free while others paid. I know people that have put 1k or more into that thing. That's a great set of chips they are missing out on.

Ok. This is kind of addicting however I am clueless. Building basic troops and attacking the goblins so far. Clan Castle is broke and I have a Th3. Tips for a complete noooob? Thanks

It's been a long time since I started out so don't remember all the stuff from TH3, but just attack the goblins and develop some experience and grab some loot. Look to save up to rebuild that clan castle because you'll need it in order to join a clan and progress through the game.

There have been numerous changes and updates in the game, so I don't know how relevant this is, but here's a guide I found:

http://clashofclans.wikia.com/wiki/Flammy's_Strategy_Guides

Ok. This is kind of addicting however I am clueless. Building basic troops and attacking the goblins so far. Clan Castle is broke and I have a Th3. Tips for a complete noooob? Thanks

Google "Clash of Clans level 3 village" or something like that, to get tons of examples of how you should setup your vil... My main strat is to keep my defenses protected, and surround them with walls and other useless buildings. That way the attacking enemy has to go through a ton of stuff to attack your cannons/etc... all while taking a pounding.

I've just joined up with an experienced clan, their number ONE advice, was upgrade everything to MAX before upgrading your TH to next levels. Upgrading the TH might seem like a good way to get more buildings, but you lose resources and such when you can't compete as well with others in your TH range, and you're dinged for the percentage of loot/trophies you can earn...

While I agree in most cases you don't want to rush your TH upgrades (except perhaps from TH5 to TH7, mostly skipping over TH6 to get to TH7), I disagree that you need to max everything before advancing.

Based on my experience, at TH7 I had completed maxed walls at that level (all purple) and was still upgrading buildings. The problem was that I was at a point where my builders would be tied up on lengthy projects, and I couldn't dump loot into walls because they were maxed.

This meant I sat for days with full storages. This has a two-fold negative impact:

1. With full storages you become more of a target for being attacked, so you're getting hit more and losing loot you ganked from someone else

2. Since your storages are full, you can't continue raiding. That means you're losing potentially millions in loot each day because you're sitting waiting for builders to free up.

To counter this, when you're nearing the point where your walls will be maxed at TH7, get ready to move to TH8, even if the rest of your stuff isn't maxed out. This will open up new buildings (with quicker build times since they're starting out lvl 1) as well as new walls to dump loot into.

One of the suggestions I was given was to pace your TH in a corner to elicit attacks of trophy harvesters. They snag your TH, you get a loss, but you only lose like 2 trophies and next to nothing in resources. Plus you get a shield....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom