Found Claim Stake $5's (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden Eagle trade update in OP

IMG_1795.JPG

I have 2 racks of mint Golden Eagles that unfortunately will not work for my set. I originally purchased them thinking they would and then of course I figure out they do not play well with Aztar $1's due to dirty stack issues.

Really? With all that blue? How could you possibly miss it?

Do you have some color blind players?

These and the Aztar $1s are still in my permanent mixed all-cog set...

Yeah? You do not have any issues? I though they were going to work and then I ran across this thread and just assumed. I would love to keep these if they will work.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/too-dirty.68799/
My god, don’t buy that crap. People here look for dirty stack issues like they look for spot progression issues and practically everything else that’s discussed here - it’s overanalysis for the sake of conversation, but more often than not, it’s a non-issue.

Put differently, have you ever played in a game where somebody didn’t have a dirty stack? It’s not always the fault of the chips, it’s not always avoidable, and it’s rarely an actual problem, unless you have those “ocd issues” that seem to run rampant here.

I'll play devil's advocate here. I think dirty stacks are greatly over exaggerated around here, but I personally would not run Eagles with Aztar either. And I've created and still own some pretty dirty sets myself.
Frankly, I think your SB $5s make for terribly dirty stacks...

I can offer a solution though. :ninja:

I'll play devil's advocate here. I think dirty stacks are greatly over exaggerated around here, but I personally would not run Eagles with Aztar either. And I've created and still own some pretty dirty sets myself.

It was this photo that convinced me they would not work well together.

6AAB2414-F235-4B18-B802-0756A89C0745.jpeg

And to be serious, I agree with this. I tend not to get too worked up about dirty stack possibilities, but those Aztars mix in pretty good with that stack of $5s.

@upNdown I like your style and really really would like the Eagles to work. I am torn on what to do.
I’d say that since you own them, try playing with them - see how it goes. What’s the worst that could happen? Seriously? Somebody goes all in with a couple of $1s mixed into their $5s? It’s not the end of the world. I’d argue that it isn’t even a big deal - it’ll get noticed when the chips actually get counted. And seriously, nobody is making a different decision because a stack is worth $92 instead of $100.

Depends on your players imo. I do agree play them, but truly don't think it will work. Again, I am usually on the other side of the fence with these arguments and think dirty stacks are over exaggerated. Just look at almost all of my sets. If you want to use eagles I'd find a new $1 if it were me.

Depends on your players imo. I do agree play them, but truly don't think it will work. Again, I am usually on the other side of the fence with these arguments and think dirty stacks are over exaggerated. Just look at almost all of my sets. If you want to use eagles I'd find a new $1 if it were me.
I agree, I'd rather find a different $1 chip than replace the Eagles. Either way, finding 1s and 5s are tough, but I'd rather find a different $1.

I agree, I'd rather find a different $1 chip than replace the Eagles. Either way, finding 1s and 5s are tough, but I'd rather find a different $1.
You have one of the best $1s available. And when you’re talking leaded, spotted, mint, shaped with inlay $1s, I can’t think of any other options.

You have one of the best $1s available. And when you’re talking leaded, spotted, mint, shaped with inlay $1s, I can’t think of any other options.

My thoughts exactly. I have acquired 3 racks of Aztar's and absolutely love them. The thought of finding new $1's seems like a daunting task, especially since I am so close to completing the set.

Yeah, The King's and Aztar's are probably some of the best leaded shaped inlay 1s. I really can't think of another chips to use either

Then of course, Jeep just posted a nice alternative, even if not as glamourous as the Aztar's. Red denom, circle to cog inlay progression, if that type of thing matters. Nice choice.

Here's a pic of my mixed set. It's not exactly "clean" but I don't care. From left to right.

Kings > Kings & Outpost > Kings and Eagles > Eagles & Outpost > mix of the 3
View attachment 776369

Have you run into a problems with this lineup? The Kings & Eagles and Eagles & Outpost look a little dirty.

Have you run into a problems with this lineup? The Kings & Eagles and Eagles & Outpost look a little dirty.
If I'm being honest, which I always try to be, I haven't had a chance to put them in play yet. Last time I played a cash game I used my Empress cash set. For me personally, I won't run into dirty stack issues myself because I am OCD enough to stay on top of it. I can't speak for some of my other players but they would probably have dirty stacks with all black and white chips :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of my mixed set. It's not exactly "clean" but I don't care. From left to right.

Kings > Kings & Outpost > Kings and Eagles > Eagles & Outpost > mix of the 3
View attachment 776369
Looks clean to me. Mix up pretty much any combo of chips to this level and it can begin to look dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom