• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine CL Hotstamps and a table (1 Viewer)

atomiktoaster

Full House
Reaction score
CL1.jpg
CL2.jpg

About 800 of these MAD hotstamps on Craigslist. The story is they came from an old guy who ordered them in the 1960s. They don't look like china clays... What's your take? If I scoop them, I'll probably resell here.

Pro: Spots are decent, they could at least plausibly be ASMs, Paulsons or TRKs
Con: Breakdown and denoms look poor. Best guess is 100 $1, 150 $5, 150 $25, 150 $50, 250 $100.

Worth a detour on the way home from work to check them out?

they're definitely not china clays since china clays can't be hotstamped. they also don't look like chips from the 60s, though.

they're definitely not china clays since china clays can't be hotstamped. they also don't look like chips from the 60s, though.

So that leaves us with either ABS slugged chips or something interesting? The guy seemed very sure they were really clay, custom made and not the kind of chips you get at walmart, but that's not super reassuring. Bad pics are frustrating.

My guess, FWIW, is ABS slugs with hot stamps. What looks like a small pip on the rolling edges between the spots is what makes me think they're slugs.

My guess, FWIW, is ABS slugs with hot stamps. What looks like a small pip on the rolling edges between the spots is what makes me think they're slugs.

Yeah, I see that on the blues now. Good catch. Wonder if I can find those spots somewhere.

Nice detective work. Looks like a match. Sadly, these types are all I ever find on my local CL too. Except the one time someone's angry ex-girlfriend or wife sold me my first BCC Mardi Gras chips. Got a great deal on those. :)

I had some extra pictures to work with where I could read the mold, so the detective work wasn't terribly impressive.

NexGen river poker tour, def not from the '60s and def not clay. 12g slugged chips.

You should ask him if there are any words or designs on the mold. If this guy is making up a story to sell chips, it could be interesting to let him dig his own hole then call him out.

Nice detective work. Looks like a match. Sadly, these types are all I ever find on my local CL too. Except the one time someone's angry ex-girlfriend or wife sold me my first BCC Mardi Gras chips. Got a great deal on those. :)

Mardi Gras huh. Well then...you already used your "one-time" so you shouldn't even bother looking anymore! :p

You should ask him if there are any words or designs on the mold. If this guy is making up a story to sell chips, it could be interesting to let him dig his own hole then call him out.

Yeah, texted him while he was at work and asked for better pictures, and whether there were any horseheads, hats, crowns or shaped around the edge. He said no, but didn't mention the text. Eventually he sent pics, but he was really pushing to show me the chips in person first. Also told me he runs a weekly game on Mondays. I sent him the Apache link and he seemed to take the news that they weren't all that special pretty well. Would have sent him here to learn a bit, if I hadn't started this thread already. Thought that would be a bit awkward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom