Circle Square or Diamond Square? (1 Viewer)

GianThaMan

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I'm stuck deciding on which of these two molds I want for my custom CPC set, and I just want your personal opinion on which mold is better, and why. Also, I have a mold sample and I've felt both of them, but I've got no clue which one I want. I'm leaning towards CSQ because it can be hot-stamped, but I'm not even sure whether I prefer hot-stamps! Help. Please.

I love the diamond square mold—I’d say it’s mt favorite—but it’s hard to go wrong. Do have shuffle stacks of each, or just singles?

Get shuffle stacks to see how they feel with shuffling and with stacking. Maybe you can narrow it down from there.

Put out a wanted ad in the classifieds, I'm sure someone will help you out!

I've been playing around with my samples and think I decided to just get some diamond squares, I prefer the feel of them, and I also would rather get inlaid chips. Thanks for the help guys.

I like both, but I favor CirSqr currently. I used CirSqr for both of my sets and they look, sound and feel awesome. I went with them because they fit my theme the best and you can go up to a 1" inlay, which is a nice increase over the 7/8. They are also much less expensive than the DiaSqr.

That said, I'm probably going to go with DiaSqr for my next set that I'm currently planning and developing. Why? Because I would like something different and it is my second favorite mold.

Guessing you'll get a 60/40 split in favor of DiaSqr, though. :)

Great link! I do think this isn't representative of the actual number of sets/molds owned, though.
Probably true. I voted, but I don’t own a CPC set. I’m sure others are in a similar boat. A-mold and CSQ are likely lost common, due to price and availability.

Reactions: BNM
I have shuffle stacks of both that are nowhere near broken in, and I'm undecided.

CSQ is slipperier (even more so than lcrown which has no cross-hatching texture) which means that it shuffles better right out of the box, but they have all the downsides of a slippery chip. I haven't read anyone complaining of its slipperiness though, so it might just be me. DiaSqr is solid all-round, I can see why so many people like it, although mine aren't broken in yet and so I don't love them yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom