Cigars...HELP! (1 Viewer)

turn2

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I received a gift of 25 cigars the other night from one of my guests during my last poker game. I usually have 5-10 cigars on hand of varying quality, but never have I had an entire box t once. I do enjoy smoking from time to time and have for a few years now, but its usually maybe 3-5 cigars a months depending. Ive never really had enough to have to worry about keeping them moist for a long period or having to store them. The few cigars I have I just keep in old cigar boxes I collect.
I am in the market for a 50-100ct. humidor, but have no idea what I'm doing or looking for. Here are my questions and concerns.

- How long will my cigars last in a properly used and regulated humidor?
- My cigars or in unsealed cellophane sleeves. Should I take them out of the sleeves when I put them in a humidor?
- Do I need a crazy expensive humidor or will a mid range humidor do fine for my mid range cigars?
- How do I use a humidor? Do they come with instructions? Im a total NOOB :(
- Do I need to buy moisture beads if I have a humidor?

Please help! I don't want these cigars to go to waste

If you have a decent humidor, you should be able to keep them fresh until you are ready to smoke them. Certainly a year or two is not out of the question. It has been over two decades since my last smoke, so I would suggest youtube for further research.

If you have a decent humidor, you should be able to keep them fresh until you are ready to smoke them. Certainly a year or two is not out of the question. It has been over two decades since my last smoke, so I would suggest youtube for further research.

great, thanks!

Looking at humidors now. lots to choose from.

Checking out some youtube footage as well

Last time we were in Cuba the resort had smokes that they claimed had been in their cigar room (temp and humidity controlled) since the place opened in the late 90s. that would mean that some of their cigars were over a decade old. I am skeptical that a 10 yr old cigar would be any good to smoke, but who knows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom