Cigar/Cigarette Smell on Chips (1 Viewer)

aggie

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody have experience cleaning/removing pungent cigar or cigarette smell from chips (apparently used in a cigar lounge)?

*unleaded Paulsons

Last edited:
I have always enjoyed smelling tobacco off my hands.
Most of my female partners agreed, throughout the years.
I have now resorted to heated (grilled - iQOS), rather than burnt tobacco, to avoid the tar and stench from burnt paper.
Hell, my after-shave (Trussardi Black, at the time) had tobacco as one of its ingredients.

What kind of chips? Different chip materials will require different cleaning solutions....

Definitely don't do that on leaded chips. Vinegar dissolves lead.

I clean Chips soaking them in this
Like 60/40 soap
Try this
It’s great at cleaning doesn’t dry out chips
And they smell like a summer breeze after a good soak
image.jpg

I have always enjoyed smelling tobacco off my hands.
Most of my female partners agreed, throughout the years.
I have now resorted to heated (grilled - iQOS), rather than burnt tobacco, to avoid the tar and stench from burnt paper.
Hell, my after-shave (Trussardi Black, at the time) had tobacco as one of its ingredients.
Lol now I've got a mental image of a hairy Greek dude rubbing his smelly fingers on ladies faces.

I bought some chips that have a cigar or cigarette smell to them. Seller disclosed they were used in a smoking environment so I knew what I was getting. Thought I would try a few experiments to see what works best. I left the chips for a short time in the hydrogen peroxide and oxyclean solutions because I was afraid of damaging the old ASMs. If they show no damage and promise, I might run these again for longer periods of time.

LabelMethodSmell after 1 hourSmell after 1 week
DCleaned with dish soapstill smells like cig
GCleaned with Simple Greensmells cleaner, but I can detect cig
VSoaked 10 minutes in vinegar + water solutionsmells like vinegar mostly - I'm optimistic
PSoaked 5 minutes in hydrogen peroxide + watersmells distinctly different than others...like a new car smell. Not bad.
OSoaked 5 minutes in oxyclean + watersmells much better, but I can detect some cig still
Dryer (not in photo)Cleaned with dish soap and then a dryer sheet is placed in the rackN/A. This one has to set
Baking Soda (not shown)I am out of baking soda. When I get some, I will create a water + soda solution and soak chips and add to this experimentTBD

1710624239277.png

Tobacco smells great. My only objection towars classic burning cigarettes is the stench of burning paper.
I have found hapiness in electrically heated / grilled cigarettes. Best aroma, and only 5% of the tar. No fire, no ash, no smoke (that can be detected in a hotel room eg)
I 've asked an American friend why they aren't being advertised in the US. He said "too complicated for Americans" :rolleyes:

I bought some chips that have a cigar or cigarette smell to them. Seller disclosed they were used in a smoking environment so I knew what I was getting. Thought I would try a few experiments to see what works best. I left the chips for a short time in the hydrogen peroxide and oxyclean solutions because I was afraid of damaging the old ASMs. If they show no damage and promise, I might run these again for longer periods of time.

LabelMethodSmell after 1 hourSmell after 1 week
DCleaned with dish soapstill smells like cig
GCleaned with Simple Greensmells cleaner, but I can detect cig
VSoaked 10 minutes in vinegar + water solutionsmells like vinegar mostly - I'm optimistic
PSoaked 5 minutes in hydrogen peroxide + watersmells distinctly different than others...like a new car smell. Not bad.
OSoaked 5 minutes in oxyclean + watersmells much better, but I can detect some cig still
Dryer (not in photo)Cleaned with dish soap and then a dryer sheet is placed in the rackN/A. This one has to set
Baking Soda (not shown)I am out of baking soda. When I get some, I will create a water + soda solution and soak chips and add to this experimentTBD

View attachment 1293893
Following!

Tobacco smells great. My only objection towars classic burning cigarettes is the stench of burning paper.
I have found hapiness in electrically heated / grilled cigarettes. Best aroma, and only 5% of the tar. No fire, no ash, no smoke (that can be detected in a hotel room eg)
I 've asked an American friend why they aren't being advertised in the US. He said "too complicated for Americans" :rolleyes:

"Grilled cigarettes" is not a term I ever thought I'd hear, and I'm extremely intrigued haha

I actually like the smell of cigarette smoke in general, I agree. However after putting my primary PCA set through the ultrasonic, it's like it angered the smoke molecules and made it more than I could tolerate.

Picked up some baking soda and added some new samples to the experiment. In an attempt to appease God, on the advice of his oracles @Coyote and @BigJackJones) I soaked a couple chips in whiskey...and (WTF!)...they smelled great after 10 minutes! I can't tell if it was eliminating the smoke smell or just masking it with bourbon smells. So, I did an ever clear batch too.

AgentMethodSmell after 1 hourSmell after 1 week
Dish soapCleaned with dish soapstill smells like cig
Simple GreenCleaned with Simple Greensmells cleaner, but I can detect cig
VinegarSoaked 10 minutes in vinegar + water solutionsmells like vinegar mostly - I'm optimistic
Hydrogen PeroxideSoaked 5 minutes in hydrogen peroxide + watersmells distinctly different than others...like a new car smell. Not bad.
OxycleanSoaked 5 minutes in oxyclean + watersmells much better, but I can detect some cig still
Dryer Sheet (not in photo)Cleaned with dish soap and then a dryer sheet is placed in the rackN/A. This one has to set
Baking Soda +WaterSoaked in baking soda + water for 10 minutesmitigated smell some, but I can detect cig
Baking SodaDusted with dry baking soda and set for 10 minuteseliminated most of the smell...I'm optimistic
WhiskeySoaked 10 minutes in 50.5% ABV bourbonsmelled like bourbon - no trace of cig. I could play with these all day! Dried the hell out of the chip though.
Ever ClearSoaked 10 minutes in 95% neutral alcoholeliminated most of the smell, but I think I could detect a trace. Dried out the chip.

Dry Baking Soda:
1710712412401.png

I might now be legally required to label these two "Bourbon Street"
1710712479955.png

Planning to let these sit for 1 week and then report back. If some of these methods seem to work but don't fully eliminate the smell, I will do a second round with longer soak times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom