Chipset numbers (1 Viewer)

TomC727

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a question for the group on chipset amounts.

I currently have 2 custom made 1000 chip sets from CPC. Cash and tourney.

I just recently ordered a 750 chip set cash set with custom inlays (100 25cent, 200 $1, 300 $5, 100 $25, 50 $100).

I am currently in the process of ordering a custom built chip storage cabinet with 5 drawers for chip storage, each drawer holding 1000 chips.

Would it be a better option to just have the 750 chip set made into a 1000 to keep sets consistent or just leave as is.

Thanks.

Agreed. My OCD would say increase the 750 to 1000 to match other sets, make even racks, etc... Just be careful that the additional 250 chips don’t have color matching issues (maybe a new denom?)

Before the question was asked, I was thinking how could someone order 50 chips. That would drive me crazy not having a full rack.

So to answer your question, MOAR chips. An even 1000 sounds great

obviously depends on your OCD... most of us here are going to say round her off at 1K... Is the real question how many of each in the expansion? This will probably cause a debate, if it was my money I would expand the set to:
(120) $.25
(280) $1
(400) $5
(150) $25
(50) $100

But that depends on how your game play's, if occasionally it is family friendly fun... extra $1s as the (work horse) more chips on the table and fun for all. If the game plays normal/large there is never a need for more than 200 $1 chips in play. I would probably take that additional 80 chips and move them up to (180) $25s and (100) $100s. My game will never play that big in a $.25/$.50 so I would rather have the additional low denoms but just a suggestion.

Don't forget to order some extras for us sample set lovers!! LOL

Fellow Chipper Ben

I say keep it at 750. All the “OCD” talk around here is weird.
You obviously had reasons to order the set as 750. If you think “because it will fit my case and match all my other sets” is a more important reason, then sure, make it 1,000. I think that would be a strange thing to do. But if perfect symmetry is that important to you, hell, it’s your collection, do what pleases you.

Ordered the extra 250

100 more Blue
100 more White
50 more Red.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom