Wanted Chips to Use as "Half-Fracs" (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantSpellPoker

Straight
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I recently completed my HSI cash set with relabeled fracs, and was thinking about the various stakes I can run with it. Since the lowest denomination I have is $0.25, the lowest blind levels I could use with the chips I have on hand is $0.25/$0.25. Which is fine, since I bought the set with $0.25/$0.25 and $0.25/$0.50 in mind.

But I was playing at @Irish 's place a couple weeks ago, and he had some chips that he was planning to use as "bits" (AKA half a quarter). I found this to be an interesting idea, and thought it would come in handy to have a rack of that type of chip for my set in case I ever needed to run lower stakes. Even though there's really no difference between Bit/$0.25 and $0.25/$0.25 blinds as far as how the game plays (e.g. we decided to ultimately forego the "bit" chips at Matt's game and just played quarter-quarter), I prefer the small blind to not equal the big blind, just for OCD purposes. And since they're not meant to have denominations on them, I could always use them for something else, i.e. All-In chips, Time chips, Show-Me chips, Ante chips, etc...

So, that being said, I don't really have a particular/specific idea of what I'm looking for, but here are a few thoughts:

- The colors used in my set are Yellow Frac, White $1, Red $5, Green $25, and Black $100, so it can be any color other than those listed.
- The HSI's are RHC, so I guess I'd prefer RHC/THC/CPC, rather than slugged/plastic/ceramic, but I don't really know if that's a deal breaker.
- All of the HSI chips in my set are mint, and my relabeled fracs are VG+, so these "bit" chips need to be mint or near mint.
- Definitely not looking to break the bank here for a chip that will probably never be used, but I understand what quality chips cost. I'd like to keep it around a buck per chip, but would pay a bit more for the right fit.

TLDR: Seems to me like the thing that would fit best here is a rack of Starbursts or some other variation of a solid, NCV chip.

Let me know if you have any recommendations or anything lying around that might fit my needs here.

Thanks!

And just for the record, the bit thing was totally not my idea, I stole that from @Mental Nomad

Starbursts would be a good option :tup: Maybe a hot pink, lavender or light purple color.

Finished relabeling a few weeks ago and still haven't put all the children together for a family photo. Definitely dragging my feet, will post a lineup in this thread, and the HSI pr0n thread later today.

P.S. I would never assume that you were smart enough to come up with that idea on your own! :LOL: :laugh:

I would avoid CPC chips as they are definitely a different size than Paulsons. Especially since you already mentioned OCD in your ad. Starbursts were the first thing I thought of as I was reading.
There were 12.5 cent chips at some point...recently, we have to find them for you @everyone

Posted over in the pr0n thread as well, but here’s the completed set.

Overlabeled Boulder Station $2’s as fracs, and I also overlabeled the $1’s with a new label that was larger in order to match the others. Also changed the $1 denom font from black to white.

6B3F342E-3E82-49F0-82BC-6D70419C3668.jpeg

3A414A81-3E42-436D-88D0-738A9E81ED3D.jpeg

38046910-9551-44CF-8426-2B25F4705D77.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom