Chips to set up home game (1 Viewer)

Twointwoout

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey there everyone! I’m looking for the best way to set up my chips right now to beat cover a single table tournament and also cash game after tournament is over. I don’t “need” two sets of chips, and am hoping to get the most bang for my buck (really eyeing the Pharaoh set that is up for auction today.) in the past, I’ve used non- denom s and have also used ones with marked values and just moved the decimal for cash games (ie 25=.25)
I believe a 500 set should be plenty... any thoughts?? Also trying to get to 10 posts so I can bid on lessens pharaohs :)

May not want to use the tourney set for a cash game immediately following. All it takes is one chip to throw the cash game out of whack

May not want to use the tourney set for a cash game immediately following. All it takes is one chip to throw the cash game out of whack
Eesh that’s a good point... so this forum basically recommends two completely different sets at all times?

If you had to....I would use a cash set cause you can “kinda” use any denomination for a tournament but you can’t really use a 500, 1,000, 5,000 and up for a cash game. Again though......like sem said, all it takes is one large chip or a few to get taken from the tournament during the game and put back on the cash table and you’re out $$$ when you cash out.
It could work if you ran the cash on different days or at least after the tournament completely finished and count all chips before starting a cash game. If you run a $50 tournament and someone takes $50 in cash chips off the tournament table and saves them for the cash game where he can sneak them back on the table he got a free tournament buy-in.

Eesh that’s a good point... so this forum basically recommends two completely different sets at all times?
Yeah, that's the feedback you're going to get. If you're on a budget, the general suggestion seems to be to get nicer/more secure chips for the cash game and to buy cheaper chips for the tourney.

I agree 100%. Use a shitty set of dice chips (if you have to) for the tournament, and try to get something more unique (less corruptible) for the cash game.

Dice chips are practically free, (you can have mine if you live near me) so you could still spend basically all your money on one set of chips like originally planned.

Yeah, that's the feedback you're going to get. If you're on a budget, the general suggestion seems to be to get nicer/more secure chips for the cash game and to buy cheaper chips for the tourney.

I agree 100%. Use a shitty set of dice chips (if you have to) for the tournament, and try to get something more unique (less corruptible) for the cash game.

Dice chips are practically free, (you can have mine if you live near me) so you could still spend basically all your money on one set of chips like originally planned.

You could keep to one set if you keep your denominations separate.

Use T25 as your base chip in the tourney and for cash don’t use any chips above $5. If a 25 hits the felt in the cash game you know where it came from...

If your cash games get deep or with stakes higher than .25/.50 it probably won’t work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom