• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Chips in WA for $20 (4 Viewers)

So, at the end of the day, you're against other people sharing information for free, because sometimes it costs you scoring bargains on chips. You're also trying to encourage other members not to share information with the rest of the community. All this, despite the fact that you personally benefitted from such sharing multiple times in the past, and didn't complain then.

All I can say to that is Whatever. That's a pretty selfish attitude you've got.

LOL. Maybe I'm not explaining it well enough (and this will be my last attempt), but it is obvious to me that you don't get it.

First of all, it has nothing to do with me. It has to do with people who put in the legwork and those who don't. I have fallen into both categories, it's important that you understand that last part.

Second, at no point have I encouraged anyone from doing anything. I am trying to illustrate why it baffles me these things still get posted.

I am legitimately stoked you got a deal on chips. It is awesome hearing these stories. My point is that YOU didn't have to do a thing for them. There are others out there (NOT ME, at least not recently) working hard, sifting through multiple sites several times a day, trying to find something similar to what you got by flipping through a few posts a forum you already visit.

The difference is the hunters get lucky by discovering something, the people who don't put in the work, get lucky based on logging into PCF at the right time

Now days, there are so many people that are logged in at the "right time" that sellers are getting hit up by people from literally all over the country and pulling ads and as a result, no one is getting a deal.

And my attitude is selfish...?

Last edited:
I think what he's saying is that there should be some controls over/discretion used in how/when/with whom information in shared because it almost cost him a deal and he'd like those opportunities to continue in the future, for him!

Fixed your post.

Not it.

Wonder who in Atlanta could be selling their $500 sample set chip?? Hmmmmmmmmm

Also, Dan is disseminating the bounty of his research of craigslist, letgo, goodwill, etc. sales to bring chips into this community for the crap he does not want, but someone else might. Be thankful he shares these deals, or do it your damn self. If 12 people then call the guy, that is on those 12 people. He's not going to take time away from his scouring of ads to try and figure out who lives where to PM them a deal they probably don't want, he's got more ads to look at (and maybe a life) so no time to play geolocator for PMs.

If you don't like it, don't click on the link or the topic. Don't be an ass because someone took the time to say "I don't want these, maybe someone else does", be thankful he gave enough shits to make the post in the first place.

offended-you-are-hhum-all-out-of-fuck-s-to-19209165.png

Uh no. I'm not posting any more ads regardless of the location, in consideration of local chippers.

Could we keep a permanent list up top where people can list themselves by state? That way people who are considering posting an ad could PM those folks.

Could we keep a permanent list up top where people can list themselves by state? That way people who are considering posting an ad could PM those folks.

How about this - if your not local don't bombard the people with inquiries. The issue is something gets listed in WA then all of s sudden they get emails from Arizona, New York, Spain, Germany, and everywhere else in the world. Any semi-smart person would realize something's up.
Restraint among "our community" is what's needed, unfortunately we are not good at that.

How about this - if your not local don't bombard the people with inquiries. The issue is something gets listed in WA then all of s sudden they get emails from Arizona, New York, Spain, Germany, and everywhere else in the world. Any semi-smart person would realize something's up.
Restraint among "our community" is what's needed, unfortunately we are not good at that.

I agree this is the optimal solution. If you are local and reaching out to the seller, post it in the thread and then everyone else ought to back off.

Though I get the feeling there are lurkers here that jump on these postings without any regard for the community as a whole.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom