Chipping and Wives (1 Viewer)

We didn't realize how easy one kid was until the second one came along... :D I tapped out after that - I can't imagine 3+! :eek:

As an artist, my wife appreciates that the chips I've acquired over the past few years are little collectibles based on art and design principles. Yes, I have spent a lot. It also helps that I have sold a lot, too. And a good portion of the acquisitions and projects have gone to enhance our charity fundraising activities. Never have we ever hidden accounts or financial transactions from each other. I can't imagine a marriage can be considered "strong" if those sorts of shenanigans happen.

I dated a girl once where I said "Hey, you look really pretty today". Mistake! The follow up was "What, I don't look pretty every day?". We're no longer together.

Just be careful using the D haha

“You look *especially* pretty today”

“You look even prettier today than you always do”

“God you’re gorgeous”

I’m pretty lucky, the wife kinda stays out of my hobby stuff. She married an audiophile, so she knew up front what she was getting into - lol. Having a separate checking account helps too:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I don’t “lie”, she knows this shit is stupid expensive, but maybe not exactly how expensive each purchase is - lol. When she did get a little “slowdown’ish” - I showed her WW’s posts and said “See, I’m not nearly as bad as half of these degens” :LOL: :laugh:

So thanks for that WW - lol!!

Also, if it’s a big purchase, I ask her “what do you think of theeeese chips”. If I get the “oh, those are cool” - I’m good :cool

Lastly, buy her nice B-day and x-mas present(s).

Last edited:

“God you’re gorgeous”

Just take your shirt off, grunt, and grab her.

That's what I do when my wife or daughter get especially gussied up.....

Perhaps the smartest thing my wife and I ever did for our marriage (20 years) was establish expectations around my money, her money, and our money. I was playing poker and sports betting before we met and didn’t want that to change. My losses are mine, my wins are mine, and now that I’m into this hobby it’s all mine too. No pressure to stop buying. No pressure to sell. No matter how “weird” she thinks it is. LOL. Win for me.

AND I don’t say a word about the stupid shit she’s into. We both win. ;)

So,
Since joining I have acquired a few sets, and also sold a few sets plus some odds and ends in between. But I’m running out of excuses with the old lady lol!

My wife despises the time I devote to monitoring the classifieds and reading various threads.

Some of the excuses/ rationalization to her for my chipping include:

1) I need different chips/ denominations for different games.
2) the guys and gals get bored of the same chips every game.
3) The chips are appreciating in value and I’ll resell them soon.
4) I’m buying the chips as a gift and trying get the breakdown right.

As I run out of excuses I’d love to hear some new ones if any of you have them!?!?!?

Jokes aside chipping is not a serious marriage problem for me, all in good fun haha!

Let’s hear those excuses!
Wife? What's that???

E: None of your F******** business.

Everyone needs a hobby, and if a hobby does not take most of your money it's not really a hobby.
Now I can justify this.

This thread should be sticky-ed, added to the site FAQ, and possibly made into its own sub forum.
or make it into a mantra and book bound it with gold lettering.

I dated a girl once where I said "Hey, you look really pretty today". Mistake! The follow up was "What, I don't look pretty every day?". We're no longer together.

Just be careful using the D haha
I told my lady friend in Mex during an argument, you remind me of my mother. Disclaimer: I am new to the romance game. she could've turned my statement on me in so many ways.

historically my wife didn’t say much about chip purchases, but the day I drained her bottle of nail polish remover to remove labels…….. oh boy.
99A6A3F1-A6AE-4063-AB9D-C8768F0AE3C2.gif

My wife has been complaining that I spend too much time chipping, and have been neglecting my responsibilities around the house. There’s always some painting to be done, a door that needs to be adjusted, shelves to be installed. Plus, she’d like me to finish a room on the basement for her crafts and stuff. I just don’t have time to keep chipping, and take care of the stuff at home.

So I’ll be listing most of my stuff for sale soon. Nothing too exciting, but nice stuff anyway.

Pay attention in the near future if you’re interested in any of the following:
  • Dewalt cordless tools
  • Compound miter saw
  • Table saw
  • Drywall and painting tools
  • Various hand tools, such as hammers, screwdrivers, etc.
what? no poker chips? After her lawyer is done with you..... Maybe he is a chipper too. There's your poker out.

historically my wife didn’t say much about chip purchases, but the day I drained her bottle of nail polish remover to remove labels…….. oh boy.
View attachment 888615
In my other thread I typed Wife? What's that?

“God you’re gorgeous”
I like Sam Kinison's quotes besides You Lie!! Still love you honey.....

I’m pretty lucky, the wife kinda stays out of my hobby stuff. She married an audiophile, so she knew up front what she was getting into - lol. Having a separate checking account helps too:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I don’t “lie”, she knows this shit is stupid expensive, but maybe not exactly how expensive each purchase is - lol. When she did get a little “slowdown’ish” - I showed her WW’s posts and said “See, I’m not nearly as bad as half of these degens” :LOL: :laugh:

So thanks for that WW - lol!!

Also, if it’s a big purchase, I ask her “what do you think of theeeese chips”. If I get the “oh, those are cool” - I’m good :cool

Lastly, buy her nice B-day and x-mas present(s).
Don't forget the flowers.

I'm writing this down.
Don't forget to write down some of Sam Kinison's quotes too.
You're still alive to tell the tale, congrats!
I am here in Pittsburgh safe and sound. No, I didn't return in a wheelchair. We exchange emails and now that I bought a smartphone a year ago w/o Canada & Mex plan, she calls me.

Now, now, take it easy. It'll all become clear once you reach puberty.
I am beyond that and other things too.

Now, now, take it easy. It'll all become clear once you reach puberty.
and another thing, I take the smartphone into the bathroom. If I miss the call, she might accuse me of something. What I don't know. If she calls while I am in the bathroom, I'll have to er a multitask. Then she will accuse me of not taking her to Niagara Falls.

and another thing, I take the smartphone into the bathroom. If I miss the call, she might accuse me of something. What I don't know. If she calls while I am in the bathroom, I'll have to er a multitask. Then she will accuse me of not taking her to Niagara Falls.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom