Chipper Confessions (1 Viewer)

As a chipper, I’m completely against the idea of relabeling chips - I feel like chips should be used as they were created. I’d much rather use roulette chips, NCVs, or even T25s as fracs if original fracs don’t exist / are cost prohibitive.
0CA6B528-4A7F-45FD-8EBB-2A2B84A656D1.gif

when my players wont notice?
And they won’t, I promise.
They’ll notice a good table.
I’ve even gotten compliments on my chairs (gassers) being comfortable.
But the only compliment I ever got on my chips (from nonchippers) was from a colorblind guy who appreciated that the spot patterns were better than dice chips.
So yeah for the love of everything holy don’t spend money on chips to impress your players.

Last edited:
But the only compliment I ever got on my chips (from chippers) was from a colorblind guy who appreciated that the spot patterns were better than dice chips.
So yeah for the love of everything holy don’t spend money on chips to impress your players.
Only thing is, these are the first chips with denominations, so hopefully I dont need pieces of paper around the room! Huge step up. Yeah the table is big, for sure, very proud of my step up.

I think about gettin the fuck outta here. Ive got a custom cheap ceramic set that makes me happy, why even entertain the idea of paying 10x the price for a product that does the same thing? I know I'd love it, but why subject myself when my players wont notice?

All of us at one time or another have wondered this. Unfortunately we've fallen into the addictive side of the equation.

But the only compliment I ever got on my chips (from chippers) was from a colorblind guy who appreciated that the spot patterns were better than dice chips.
This is very, very true. The easiest way to get your (chipper)feelings hurt is to put a good amount of love, effort, and money in on the “perfect” set of chips for your game only to have your players vote half way through night one to go back to the Happy Days ceramics. :cry: Not that this has ever happened, definitely not to me. And I most definitely was not secretly very angry at all of them for a few weeks after that.

Honestly though I can’t really blame them, I like those chips too.

But the only compliment I ever got on my chips (from nonchippers) was from a colorblind guy who appreciated that the spot patterns were better than dice chips.
Most of my friends love/appreciate my chips. Thankful for that. But we have been playing together since we were 16 so I been spoiling them for decades now lol. Started with BCC CDIS to a rotation of sets now.

I think about gettin the fuck outta here. Ive got a custom cheap ceramic set that makes me happy, why even entertain the idea of paying 10x the price for a product that does the same thing? I know I'd love it, but why subject myself when my players wont notice?
I have spent 6 years away from the forum and the "chips' world". I was lucky to left owning a bunch of sets (customs BCC, ASM, CPC, and Paulsons) at the time I thought the situation was getting a bit worse and I had enough. Years passed with other hobbies and expenses, and then just the last month, I did decide to get back to see what was going on.... man the prices ...... this is nuts. Is this a bubble like watches? crazy.

I have spent 6 years away from the forum and the "chips' world". I was lucky to left owning a bunch of sets (customs BCC, ASM, CPC, and Paulsons) at the time I thought the situation was getting a bit worse and I had enough. Years passed with other hobbies and expenses, and then just the last month, I did decide to get back to see what was going on.... man the prices ...... this is nuts. Is this a bubble like watches? crazy.
Good time to check back in as seller!

There are always singles, sample sets, and barrel collecting to somewhat dull the cost. :)

I could definitely step away and be more than set for a lifetime, several times over. Yet, the chips keep pulling me back!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom