• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Chipco Unicorns - http://york.craigslist.org/clt/4146908532.html (2 Viewers)

That is a lot of chips for $20.

I am considering. Lewisberry is about an hour drive 1 way though. At $3.50 a gallon they get real expensive in a hurry.

you think they will fit in a large flat rate box?? :)

what's on the face? he won't ship?

They are blank unicorns. He may ship but that would make them cost more then I am willing to spend on them. I will passing through that way at the end of the month. If they are still there I will pick them up.

They are blank unicorns. He may ship but that would make them cost more then I am willing to spend on them. I will passing through that way at the end of the month. If they are still there I will pick them up.

They are 10 minutes from my house, I can pick them up and hold them for you.

I am trying to contact the seller now, I am going to buy them assuming they haven't been sold yet and decide what to do with them later. I think it is only fair Iblonger has first choice since he found them.

You can do whatever you like with them Woody, that's why I posted them because I was on the fence. I really do not need them. I barely play once a month anymore because of lack of interest from my guys, and I never need 2k chips anymore.

Nice. Did you try and talk him down a little? LOL ;)

Nice. Did you try and talk him down a little? LOL ;)
I thought about it since he put 'or best offer' in the add but I just couldn't do it.

I just got home with them, still trying to figure out what I have. They are not all unicorns, seems to be a mixture of unicorns, super diamond and a few others. I will try scan a few.

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

Okay what are these
10-27-2013 03;28;46PM.jpg

Nice, got some Paulsons in that mix. :)

Here is another scan. The Paulson chips seem to be some sort of cheap knockoff. I have never handled a unicorn so I am assuming they are real. The MD-33 ones are the ones I am most interested in. I included a green one with a piece missing, I have never seen ones like these before. What do you think? are they clay? A couple also had some kind of stamp but most are blank so I include the ones with stamps.
10-27-2013 09;02;48PM.jpg

Another scan of just the chip with a piece missing10-27-2013 08;54;25PM.jpg

And now i am really interested... I need just 500 ;)
Once I figure out what these are for sure, I am sure I will be able to hook you up as long as shipping cost doesn't kill it. Just want to verify what they are before I go through the trouble sending them.

About the TH&C chips, I think they are just old and very worn Paulson Starbursts.

Here is the break down:
MD33 Red chips - 618
MD33 Green chips - 424
MD33 Yellow chips - 366
MD33 Brown chips - 281
-----------------------------
MD33 total chips - 1689

Diamond mold - red 23 chips (these are more plastic in feel then MD33 chips)
Unicorns - green 409 chips
Paulson brown starburst worn 23 chips
Paulson fake? green chips 86 chips (these have a metallic look and feel to them)

Brings total chips to 2228

FYI - I posted these on CT as well to get their feedback.

Nice purchase. Deal of the year for sure!!

I just broke one of the md-33 chips, it took a little effort but I could break it by hand.

10-29-2013 01;00;50PM.jpg10-29-2013 01;02;08PM.jpg

Broke one of the green Paulson chips as well. They appear to be clay with no inserts to me

10-29-2013 02;17;58PM.jpg

I just weighed them very unscientifically, I have a food scale not digital and not calibrated. I put 100 of each on the scale. Anybody have any idea what these chips are worth? I will be selling them since I have no need for them.

MD-33 were just under 8 grams/chip
Unicorns were right at 8 grams/chip
Paulson were just under 10 grams/chip

As far as slippery, they are better then my dice chips but not as good as my
china clays with labels. Dice chips are the only ones without labels and no
recess I have to compare them to and MD-33 are much better. I have stacked them
50 high with no problem. I have one blank ASM arodie mold chip and they feel
very similar to me, however I am no chip guru.

Small set is on the way...

Thanks Steve!

These wil be hotstamped. The first layout draws are finished.

25s1ypy.png

100s2ahh.png

500o2yvw.png

10008cbdt.png

Looks great!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

That's a nice looking hotstamp. Definitely post up pictures of the finished chips once you've hotstamped them!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom