Chipco racks and chips sticking.. (1 Viewer)

bergs

Royal Flush
Reaction score
My horizon blue and pastel green based Paulson chips are sticking in their ChipCo racks and leaving residue. This happens in stacked racks and individual racks. It was on the warm side (high 70s low 80s) in this room for a few weeks, but no direct sun at all.

Check out these racks. It takes some work to pry the barrel of chips out. The chips dont look particularly dirty or discolored.

Attachments

• FD6F96E4-18FE-4A76-BB9E-9A4F240E3402.jpeg
    FD6F96E4-18FE-4A76-BB9E-9A4F240E3402.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 119
My horizon blue and pastel green based Paulson chips are sticking in their ChipCo racks and leaving residue. This happens in stacked racks and individual racks. It was on the warm side (high 70s low 80s) in this room for a few weeks, but no direct sun at all.

Check out these racks. It takes some work to pry the barrel of chips out. The chips dont look particularly dirty or discolored.
Weird flex, but okay

Someone else recently had problems with racks melting... almost looks like a chemical reaction from oil? Very interesting... hope everything is ok.

Last edited:
FWIW Aurora Star T1000 yellow and T5000 orange chips stained the boxes that they came in. I have mostly kept mine in them since I got them as new and I don’t think they have ever gotten very warm. Maybe certain colors bleed a little? My chips don’t show any damage or stick to the cardboard boxes.

I have my PCA/Empress mixed set in Chipco racks and haven't seen this same behavior.

They are older, leaded chips and are in the older Chipco racks (the ones that are a bit yellow). All the chips are very lightly oiled as well. I don't know if it's a fair apples to apples comparison, but I wanted to add the one null data point for reference.

Hope this can get figured out and that the chips aren't damaged.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom