Chip worth? (1 Viewer)

50Geez

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new in the chip world and I'm wondering how to determine the value of a chip/set. I don't have anything to be appraised just want to know for buying. It looks like the average Paulson is around $2 a chip. How do you find out the amount of chip out there? Is the worth just what you are willing to pay?

Hi, I'm new in the chip world and I'm wondering how to determine the value of a chip/set. I don't have anything to be appraised just want to know for buying. It looks like the average Paulson is around $2 a chip. How do you find out the amount of chip out there? Is the worth just what you are willing to pay?
Use the search function on the site and look at past recent sales. Otherwise it’s GENERALLY based on whether their THC > RHC, new > old condition, nice looking colors like bright yellow orange or green > puke colors and of course rarity. If you’re not sure though and someone offers you a price to buy just reach out to a more informed member via PM, they’ll be happy to make sure you don’t get fleeced

Just like everything else, the chips in most the demand with the lowest supply will be the most expensive. Search "boat chips" or "NAGB" chips, and some THC molded, shaped, textured inlaid Paulsons that are oversized are the ones that fall into this category.

Chips in high demand with a decent to good supply fall into the next category. See THC Paulsons.

Etc, etc.

Welcome!

Chips are worth what people are willing to pay for them - it’s that simple and vague. You can only judge that with a lot of knowledge and experience.
You can scroll through the classifieds here and learn what people have been selling chips for, for years.
(And btw, the majority of Paulsons are actually worth less than two bucks apiece.)

Gauging the price of "Paulsons" is probably too vague. That is like trying to peg the price of a Porsche. There are so many different variables that would effect the price, including cars of different years and of course condition.

It is easier to peg the ball park price of a specific set. So if you are after Paulson Noirs then do some research and see what the price range is of that set based on past sales in the classifieds.

I might not be too helpful here, but I think the majority of Paulson clay chips for sale by members has been in the range of $1.50 to $3.50 per chip. Probably 70% of ads will be in this range. You might find some lower, you will definitely find some much higher. Comparable to new custom CPCs.

.... If you’re not sure though and someone offers you a price to buy just reach out to a more informed member via PM, they’ll be happy to make sure you don’t get fleeced.

You can count on me. If some asshole offers you PCA secondary $5s for $30 apiece, I'll be glad to offer mine at $29.75.

Gauging the price of "Paulsons" is probably too vague. That is like trying to peg the price of a Porsche. There are so many different variables that would effect the price, including cars of different years and of course condition.

It is easier to peg the ball park price of a specific set. So if you are after Paulson Noirs then do some research and see what the price range is of that set based on past sales in the classifieds.
Will do thanks

Use the search function on the site and look at past recent sales. Otherwise it’s GENERALLY based on whether their THC > RHC, new > old condition, nice looking colors like bright yellow orange or green > puke colors and of course rarity. If you’re not sure though and someone offers you a price to buy just reach out to a more informed member via PM, they’ll be happy to make sure you don’t get fleeced
Ok thanks. Can you be someone I ask for help with this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom