Chip Tray/Box (1 Viewer)

geoffropuff

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Has anyone used a chip tray/box like this before? https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/pYMAAOSwylhb~9DW/s-l1600.jpg

I see everyone using Bud Jones boxes that fit in the Nanuk cases but I cannot find those online for the life of me. The cases linked in the photo are being sold for $10 each on eBay so was wondering if they were a good replacement for the Bud Jones boxes.

I'm new to this whole thing so any advice would be good. For reference, I recently purchased a 650 set of Milanos in a cheap bird cage that I bought mostly for boardgames but also for an annual family reunion that involves some poker. I was hoping with small cases like the Bud Jones ones, I could take small numbers of chips to game night, and then for the larger poker game, put the small cases in a Nanuk or something. Thanks for the help in advance!

The Bud Jones boxes come with Bud Jones chips so it's kinda hard to find them unless someone bought a bunch of Bud Jones chips and doesn't need the boxes.

The chip boxes you linked are likely to be sized for up to 43mm chips so may be larger than would work well in a Nanuk 910. I have tried Matsui boxes (similar to those you linked) and they only fit in the 910 without foam.

I have a bunch of clam shell cases for RT plastics (I think) - let me take a pic tonight to see if they work.

Ohhh, I didn't realize that by Bud Jones boxes, that meant they were just the containers that the Bud Jones chips came in. That makes sense, though if people really love the boxes, I wonder why they don't sell them separately. Do people regularly sell their extras, if so, how much do they usually go for? But really, any boxes that would fit in the Nanuk would be nice. Thanks for the info so far.

The Bud Jones boxes come with Bud Jones chips so it's kinda hard to find them unless someone bought a bunch of Bud Jones chips and doesn't need the boxes.

The chip boxes you linked are likely to be sized for up to 43mm chips so may be larger than would work well in a Nanuk 910. I have tried Matsui boxes (similar to those you linked) and they only fit in the 910 without foam.

I have a bunch of clam shell cases for RT plastics (I think) - let me take a pic tonight to see if they work.

Hi, did you have a chance to check and see if the boxes you have fulfill my needs? If so, which ones are they so I can look and try to get some. Thanks!

Hi, did you have a chance to check and see if the boxes you have fulfill my needs? If so, which ones are they so I can look and try to get some. Thanks!
Nope - thanks for the reminder! I'll have a look tonight

Ok, here’s what I have - Gemaco boxes. They’re not as nice a Bud Jones but they do the same thing. Here are some pictures - horizontally you can do 400 chips and vertically up to 700 in a Nanuk 910.

PM me if you want some.
69EA3096-B7FD-4A8E-8CF8-D884992BA13C.jpeg

A0CCC606-21C0-4597-B3C8-456C65CB383E.jpeg

A99B3BDC-361A-42E6-8493-4CBBDEA41B05.jpeg

623709BD-B541-484C-897E-6E5F1124B580.jpeg

Ok, here’s what I have - Gemaco boxes. They’re not as nice a Bud Jones but they do the same thing. Here are some pictures - horizontally you can do 400 chips and vertically up to 700 in a Nanuk 910.

PM me if you want some.
View attachment 360427
View attachment 360426
View attachment 360423
View attachment 360425

Do those boxes (and any boxes of that style) stay together once closed with some snapping mechanism, or are they just "closed" but not secure? Also, how much are you looking for each box? Thanks again!

Do those boxes (and any boxes of that style) stay together once closed with some snapping mechanism, or are they just "closed" but not secure? Also, how much are you looking for each box? Thanks again!
They don't stay together - they're just clam shells. The chip weight is way too much for them to remain together if, for example, you picked them up by the top.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom