Chip Storage (2 Viewers)

Meanwhile, in the ghetto.....

View attachment 447142
Hey man, whatever works. My setup ain't what it used to be. No showmanship at all. I went full safety.

I've had some bad experiences..
15878535377497902600293630746032.jpg
15878536067176695963640227731177.jpg

So no longer the Craigslist shelf? :eek:
My collection got too big. As well, in another thread, I was reminded that I've been completely robbed (twice Infact) before and weird shit happens when you least expect it.

I will use the $20 shelf for lining up samples and trinkets and add strip led lights and give my room some alternative flare.

I decided with the amount of money I've now spent, I'd be utterly heartbroken and disappointed in myself if my chips were stolen.

So yea brother, this new storage was way more than $20. I don't regret it at all. It's not fool proof, but it's pretty solid. It's a beast of a safe even empty, and with nearly 3300 chips jammed in there with room for a few more, I'm super happy. As well, all of my gold and wife's jewellery is in there. My wife and I agreed it was a sound investment and we both love it.

My collection got too big. As well, in another thread, I was reminded that I've been completely robbed (twice Infact) before and weird shit happens when you least expect it.

I will use the $20 shelf for lining up samples and trinkets and add strip led lights and give my room some alternative flare.

I decided with the amount of money I've now spent, I'd be utterly heartbroken and disappointed in myself if my chips were stolen.

So yea brother, this new storage was way more than $20. I don't regret it at all. It's not fool proof, but it's pretty solid. It's a beast of a safe even empty, and with nearly 3300 chips jammed in there with room for a few more, I'm super happy. As well, all of my gold and wife's jewellery is in there. My wife and I agreed it was a sound investment and we both love it.
Does anyone insure their collection? I don’t have near the stack of others, but it’s crossed my mind.

Does anyone insure their collection? I don’t have near the stack of others, but it’s crossed my mind.
My home insurance policy will infact cover my chips to an extent. I had a great conversation with my broker. With catalogued photography and receipts to show for (PayPal receipts count), lost or stolen chips could be covered. But it's too difficult for me now to properly do all that work. I've bought, sold, and traded too many chips to try and figure it out.

It is possible however. Check with your broker. Ask the questions. Make sure to take detailed photography and keep a binder with a receipt of payment for each chip, and you could have something.

I figured to go overkill. I trust my insurance company, but still, a part of me wanted to do the best I could for the chippies!

Hey it MIGHT be the ghetto, relatively speaking but don't you be fooled; there are some BADASS Paulson chips up in those aluminum cases resting humbly underneath that $100 Futon couch. OK?!!
The way I see it, it's all about a love for poker chips and poker. :tup:

I for one am blind to class. I just know there are some collectors I could never come close to with respect to quantity of quality, but any kind of quality is BADASS! Even the best collectors on here are like family, will answer questions and relate to anything poker and more. It's one of the things that makes this place amazing. Like a second family. :)

Please...a little glimpse, a little pr0n perhaps, entertain the chip nerd in me brother...;)

Honestly, makes me kind of sad looking at 'em because I can't host a game right now :(
I feel you, I really do. It's so tough right now. Very hard to keep a watchful eye on the end of this tunnel we're all in. It's pretty dark but we gotta keep hope.

Beautiful sets man! Totally stunning!

Considering having a local build me a vinyl record cabinet. But then, the thought occurred to have him add a 3" drawer (or three) across the bottom of said cabinet to house my collection of clay. Anyone have advice on suggested measurements or build requirements?

Seville Classics UltraHD Rolling Workbench from Sam’s Club. It took me almost 3 hours to assemble by myself. The top 9 drawers are all the same size and capable of holding 1000 chips each.
[...]

Wow, sweet setup!

A bit off-topic, but what program are you using for your level clock?

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD!!!

I suppose because I was in the process of joining this forum as the last comment was being posted. I've been working with my son to design a custom display and storage cabinet. It's almost done. I'll post up pics here when it is. If you haven't already seen my design thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom