Chip Storage (1 Viewer)

Chbyfngr

Flush
Reaction score
Wondering how everyone stores chips. It's been a while since I've seen posts of pics. Here is a before and after cabinet I purchase a few years ago and altered the drawers and refinished. Dark finish is after.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
That's awesome! I love seeing a guy take a perfectly good cabinet, and spend hours and hours refinishing it to better suit his tastes. That's definitely something I would do!

Looks great!

Love it! And I'm amused that you've got Boardwalks in there...

I've been trying to find a deal on a nice wooden machinist's chest, but in the meanwhile, I've got mine in a cheaper tool chest:

upload_2016-12-12_20-35-39-png.70071

(I've re-jiggered the arrangment. The high-value chips and plaques go in the top drawer, now. The top section holds ten racks of chips, by itself.

upload_2016-12-13_15-29-7-png.70283

@Mental Nomad i put the Boardwalk's in it because I don't have any racks for the 43mm chips and they fit in the wooden ones fine. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money on the racks since I only have 250 oversized chips. It worked out really well. :D

Picked up a couple of discounted tool chests at Sears.

Long story longer..... I went in and saw 3 for sale at crazy discount. base unit of the red and black one was dented pretty bad.
Guy charges me $375 for all 3. After giving me extra 75% off.
5 mins later i'm looking at the dented one and thinking,,,, aarrgghh, i dont really want to try and fix that.
So i go the checkout to process return for base unit. A different gentleman is there and i say i want to return the base unit.

He runs everything through and i look at my receipt and he's returned $300 to my CC.
I look at him and say, "thats too much, to be honest with you, the previous gentleman had taken 75% off of that $300,"

He replies,,, " well, i've run it through now, looks like you got a bargain" :):)

$75 for both. I think the black and silver one will be the chip storage.

IMG_5849.JPG

IMG_5850.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom