Chip Storage Status - February 2022 (1 Viewer)

Jeff

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
This is the current state of the Chip chest. 3000 Zens are inbound the end of this month. I'm not sure what's going to have to leave the chest for the closet. The plan was to expand the Kings Club set from 2300 to 3000. The Kings Club is currently the only tourney set in the chest, so maybe one of these things is not like the other...

For the new folks...I found this carpenter in Pennsylvania that made wood "flat files"...those cabinets architects put the large drawings in (sometimes art is stored in them too). I had them adjust the height of the drawers to fit the racks and chips. Most stock flat files drawers are a bit too short to fit the racks and chips. I also customized the dimensions deep and wide to match what it takes to store 1500 chips plus an extra for buttons, cut cards, high/low buttons and stuff. After I got it, I had the black pad (its a dining room table pad) made to use on the top of the chest wood top (its cherry) so I can cut chips on it without scratching the top. Unfortunately the builder went bankrupt in the recession, or i'd probably be doing another.

However if anyone is a good carpenter, this setup has been ideal.

2 Chipchest 2 January 2022.jpg
1 Chip Chest Jan 2022.jpg

3 Chipchest Drawer 1 Jan 2022.jpg
4 Chipchest Drawer 2 Jan 2022.jpg
5 Chipchest Drawer 3 Jan 2022.jpg
6 Chipchest Drawer 4 Jan 2022.jpg
7 Chipchest Drawer 5 Jan 2022.jpg
8 Chipchest Drawer 6 Jan 2022.jpg
9 Chipchest Drawer 7 Jan 2022.jpg
9 Chipchest Drawer 8 Jan 2022.jpg

Reminds me of the drawers an architect would have. Really nice set up.

Dammit...just when I think I have upgraded my setup to the point I'm happy...you go and show something like this!

I remember seeing this case in person at whatever WCB I was at years ago and fell in love with it then. Thanks for showing it off again for the group and those who haven't seen it (and for a reminder for those who have).

(Those Kings Club are one of my favorite custom sets BTW. I'm happy I had a chance to use them!)

Last edited:
I remember that chest as well from when I was at a WCB event. Doesn’t Leonard have one that looks almost the same that he had made? Was it made by the same guy?

Yes, I gave Leonard the guys name after he saw mine. He adapted the dimensions a bit (maybe a bit wider if memory serves.)

Looks great but if I ever got one and filled it with chips I think I might get kicked out of the house. Now I just have to balance up whether it's worth the trade off

So this is what I ended up doing

Attachments

• F085C8B5-EB97-4E75-A70E-A4ABD85074AD.jpeg
    F085C8B5-EB97-4E75-A70E-A4ABD85074AD.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 127
  • 8B0127FD-9915-4E4C-B5EE-034DB3558AB1.jpeg
    8B0127FD-9915-4E4C-B5EE-034DB3558AB1.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 135

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom