Chip Review #3 of ?? Royal's (2 Viewers)

Bluebaru

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Royal poker chips cost a little more (20%) than the Majestic's, I last reviewed $.52 vs. $.42 per chip but while they are both on the Crown and Diamond mold, The Royals are on the "43mm" mold vs the "39mm" mold.

I first wiped them down with a damp microfiber cloth to got rid of the dust most new "clay" chips come with and this also helps to bring out the colors.

Subjective, These made the most positive first impression of any of the 6 sample sets I got. You could not put together a bad looking set of these for either a cash or tournament set!! Chip values start at $.25 and go up to $100,000. So if you are looking to put together an attractive hi-roller set, this could be it. My only slight, subjective qualm, about this set is the white $500 chip, which, if I understand correctly, is more of a Cali thing. I would have preferred more traditional purple chip or even better their beautiful $100,000 Pink chip, relabeled to be $500.

Objective, 10 chips measured 33.72mm, the thickest of the 6 sets. From measurements others have taken, these weigh about a gram more than their smaller China clay cousins. They averaged 42.9mm in diameter. On the tilt/slid test I did on a padded felt surface, to simulate a bumped table these were by far the worst !! There is no Label progression, except for the $$ amounts but they have a wonderful (subjective) spot progression.

My conclusion is they TOTALY FAILED the tilt slide test. They seemed to fall over at even the slightest tilt. For this reason, despite all their other good qualities, I would not buy these.

Review #4 in a day or two

On the tilt/slid test I did on a padded felt surface, to simulate a bumped table these were by far the worst !!

My conclusion is they TOTALY FAILED the tilt slide test. They seemed to fall over at even the slightest tilt. For this reason, despite all their other good qualities, I would not buy these.

Review #4 in a day or two

Totally agree. I couldn't believe how slick they were.

The Majestics were slightly better, but still disappointing. My original Dunes CC, new Dunes CC, and Pharaohs CC are world better than either of those two.

Pictures would be helpful. One of my many gripes about milanos and majestics is that in both sets (as with most China clays) the edge spots are exactly the same on every denomination. (Different colors, but same pattern.). This is where those Royals distinguish themselves.

Pictures would be helpful. One of my many gripes about milanos and majestics is that in both sets (as with most China clays) the edge spots are exactly the same on every denomination. (Different colors, but same pattern.). This is where those Royals distinguish themselves.
That's why I went with the Pharaohs years ago. The Milanos were too meh with the same edge spots.

The new Dunes have different edge spots, and I'm considering those or some ceramics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom