Chip Review 2 of ?? Majestic's (1 Viewer)

Bluebaru

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Having recently purchased 6 sample sets, I am posting, this my 2nd chip review with both subjective observations and some objective measurements. I am most interested in tournament play. My first review was Milano's

Majestic's. these are the second cheapest chip I bought and cost $.42 each. I see no evidence that there is a quantity discount, unlike the Milano's but I'm new here, so if you know more about this, let me/us know. And Maybe ,if, they go on sale occasionally?

These were wiped down with a damp microfiber to get rid of the dust that seems to come with new China Clays and it also helps to bring the color out.

Subjective, In several aspects I like these better than the Milano's. The Majestic's are not as washed out but there are two chips that I am just not a fan of., the $500 is just to pale and I find the brown $5000 just boring. In addition, why are the $.25 and $.50 so similar? not good. That said, a good looking set of tournament chips could be put together with any 3 or 4 consecutive of the following chips, 1,5,25,100.

Chip values start at $.25 and go up to $5000.

Objective, 10 chips measured 32.94mm, the second shortest, of the 6 sample sets but about .25mm more than the Milano's. Majestic's averaged 39.85mm in diameter. On the tilt/slide test, on a padded felt surface, they were middle of the pack, just ever so slightly better than the Milano's. That is to say slightly less likely than the Milano's to fall over, when one side was lifted. My thinking is that this might relate to a bumped table.
No label progression and no real spot progression except for the colors of the spots.

Review #3 in a day or two.

I'm glad you're posting your thoughts about each of these. Looking forward to the rest!

why are the $.25 and $.50 so similar? not good.
I think it actually makes a lot of sense. I can't think of any good reason to have .25s and .50s on the table at the same time, so why waste two unique colors on two different fracs, when the majority of people are either buying one or the other, but not both?

I think it actually makes a lot of sense. I can't think of any good reason to have .25s and .50s on the table at the same time, so why waste two unique colors on two different fracs, when the majority of people are either buying one or the other, but not both?
Because some of us like a rainbow on the table!

61vGgWX6MRL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

But, I agree, and I think it's something you have to watch out for (similar fracs in a single set). I hit this long ago with my first set, the Nevada Jacks. The 25c and 50c are too close to each other and the lack of different edge spots makes dirty stacks possible. So, I use the 25c when doing 25c/50c and I use the 50c when I play 50c/$1 (or higher).

With that say, I try to design my mixed sets to be able to have both on the table. But many non-customs like the Majestics expect you to use one or the other.

agreed this is by design

The .25/.50 color similarity is so annoying. Either you've got them both on the table cause you like the colors but then they're almost indistinguishable in the pot, or you're wasting good colors on a chip that you've got no reason to buy

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom