Chip Pricing (1 Viewer)

The pissing contests are getting a little tiring.

If someone makes an offer for something and the party to the conversation isn't interested, how about a "No, thank you".

It looks like someone may offer over $10k for a scarce set tonight. Another commented that PCA's are more desirable to them and are not selling at that price. (I like them as well as the Gulfports)
Why thread crap? That would be a fair opinion offered after the buyers and sellers have decided what it's worth to them.

An item’s value is what someone is willing to pay for it. Plain and simple.

Not quite. An item's perceived value to a single buyer is what that single buyer is willing to pay for it. A single buyer can act and react in ways that a market cannot (or will not).

Woah Professor Berny giving us a lesson!

I didn't mean to come across all high and mighty. All I'm saying is that a single person (or few persons) can act irrationally. Very rarely does an entire market act irrationally (although of course it does happen, has happened, and occasionally will continue to happen).

A single buyer, or two, or even three, can buy a large set of Paulson Classics on eBay for $8-10 per chip. That does not mean that a new bar has been set for the entire market, though some may wish it so. If a frenzy starts, it's usually because of the FOMO phenomenon.

I hadn't seen that comment yet, and I don't know what Mamba's intentions are (or the other party) . With that said, that would be like saying the the BTP sample set was worth $40 because that's what @detroitdad offered. Sold/auctions tell the real story of value. Everything else is speculation.

I think it was cliff's "sale" thread for 200 ish dollars for a BPT sample set (cash and tourney) that I made the $40.00 offer for. Honestly, I found the sales add disgusting. I don't know if they sold or not. I quit following it.

Yes, the market is what it is. Market Value, blah blah blah. Doesn't mean the actual "act" of selling his custom paulson set 10 x's its value is right. I'm guessing the next response from someone will be "well, what is right", "who are you to determine this". My answer is, I'm nobody. However, I am allowed to have an opinion on it.

Please don't take think that I'm directing anything at you, or anyone else (well, other than cliff at the moment). I'm just responding to your post is all.

I think it was cliff's "sale" thread for 200 ish dollars for a BPT sample set (cash and tourney) that I made the $40.00 offer for. Honestly, I found the sales add disgusting. I don't know if they sold or not. I quit following it.

Yes, the market is what it is. Market Value, blah blah blah. Doesn't mean the actual "act" of selling his custom paulson set 10 x's its value is right. I'm guessing the next response from someone will be "well, what is right", "who are you to determine this". My answer is, I'm nobody. However, I am allowed to have an opinion on it.

Please don't take think that I'm directing anything at you, or anyone else (well, other than cliff at the moment). I'm just responding to your post is all.

No offense taken at all. Your post was just the most recent example that I could use. :tup:

I didn't mean to come across all high and mighty. All I'm saying is that a single person (or few persons) can act irrationally. Very rarely does an entire market act irrationally (although of course it does happen, has happened, and occasionally will continue to happen).

A single buyer, or two, or even three, can buy a large set of Paulson Classics on eBay for $8-10 per chip. That does not mean that a new bar has been set for the entire market, though some may wish it so. If a frenzy starts, it's usually because of the FOMO phenomenon.
You came across perfect, I was just joking/complementing you for pointing out truths. :D

Not quite. An item's perceived value to a single buyer is what that single buyer is willing to pay for it. A single buyer can act and react in ways that a market cannot (or will not).
Market price is determined by a willing seller and a willing buyer. Econ 101.

This is an extract from the mod statement about moderation:

20190325_055938.png

Seems clear to me that there are people itt violating that policy.

It's not without irony that this thread was started by a mod, knowing full well where it would be headed: the inevitable spiral into name calling and negativity. Bravo.

This thread is probably better suited to the politics forum, imo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom