Chip Milling and Cleaning Services? (1 Viewer)

Hairy_Crocodile

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey all!

I have 3-4 racks of chips that need to be cleaned, and 1 of those racks of chips that needs to be milled for my re-label project I have going on. I would like to have the dirty chips cleaned with an ultrasonic wash once, and then I will hand clean them myself as the years go by. I will be receiving 3 of the racks in the mail this week/early next week.

As for the THC chips that need to be milled, they need a cleaning and the fading roulette hot stamps to be removed. Some of the hot stamps are pretty close to the area of the chip that has the mold, so i am hoping to find someone who is able to mill chips accurately so that they are not off center, and do not cut into the area that has the THC mold and look like poop.

Do we have dedicated members for both milling and cleaning in the US?

Brie and I hand clean and do not use US cleaners, also not a vendor here so we just help people out as barter when necessary.

I believe The Kifer Milling Co. can take care of all of your needs in one trip sir! I as well as many others will vouch for Mr. Kifer's quality and craftsmanship to get the job done right. 6 stars out of 5 with Thr Better Business Bureau last time I checked! Lol

Fellow Chipper Ben

Anybody have confidence to clean HSI Snappers, yet? :unsure:

I can attest for both @Josh Kifer and @arch3r for doing an excellent milling job.
For cleaning @FordPickup92 and @Ben8257 rightfully made a name for themselfes around here.
Not to forget @Gear ofc.
Thanks! Not a vender. But I've milled 1000s for my personal sets as well as 100s for others of chips I've sold. Always willing to trade goods and services. The murder room is always in use. :eek::p:tup:

PXL_20210220_225244005.jpg

I just tried cleaning a barrel of poker chips by hand for the first time ever today.

Warm water, dawn soap, and a toothbrush.

After 30 min of effort and hands cramping up, this kinda really sucks. I think I read that some folks enjoy it and find it to be a zen kind of experience. Uh... fuck that noise. And to top it off, my results weren't great - some funk still in the cane areas, etc.

After another 30 minutes of checking out a few websites, I now have an ultrasonic en route.

I just tried cleaning a barrel of poker chips by hand for the first time ever today.

After 30 min of effort and hands cramping up, this kinda really sucks. I think I read that some folks enjoy it and find it to be a zen kind of experience. Uh... fuck that noise. And to top it off, my results weren't great - some funk still in the cane areas, etc.

After another 30 minutes of checking out a few websites, I now have an ultrasonic en route.

I dont know if I can justify buying one. I'm not sure if I'll buy enough chips that need cleaning to make it cost effective

I dont know if I can justify buying one. I'm not sure if I'll buy enough chips that need cleaning to make it cost effective

For my circumstances, it's much more cost effective to buy one and do it myself.

I just ordered a 6L model from eBay for $125.

I have about 1000 incredibly filthy chips to clean. I'm in Canada so the cost of cleaning (~$200 @20¢ per chip) plus shipping (~$220 if I used a US based option) is $400 to let someone else do it.

First off, forget the toothbrush. Get a large nail brush, the best ones have the wooden handle and natural (thin) bristles.
Depending on the chip, if you can let them soak for a few minutes in a soapy water before scrubbing, it makes a world of difference. Careful with shaped inlays, hot stamps etc..,

I definitely can say, I don't enjoy it. It's hard work.

I'm also a hand clean guy. Nowhere near as good as Ben or Brie or others mentioned, but I've cleaned over 1000 chips and I'm getting good.

I use the typical system. Couple of bins, warm Dawn soapy water presoak (important step), and then scrub the grime off. I've had a few tough chips that Magic Eraser can help with. I use the Magic Eraser, ever so sparingly.

I still ain't sure about the use of US. I know it's obviously safe as everyone uses them, but there is a fear in me that persists. Can't explain it.

But ya...there ain't no zen when I clean chips. Only discomfort and sore wrists.

It's the end results that keep me coming back for more. I've shined up some great chips. It's a good feeling to get it done.

I'm also a hand clean guy. Nowhere near as good as Ben or Brie or others mentioned, but I've cleaned over 1000 chips and I'm getting good.

I use the typical system. Couple of bins, warm Dawn soapy water presoak (important step), and then scrub the grime off. I've had a few tough chips that Magic Eraser can help with. I use the Magic Eraser, ever so sparingly.

I still ain't sure about the use of US. I know it's obviously safe as everyone uses them, but there is a fear in me that persists. Can't explain it.

But ya...there ain't no zen when I clean chips. Only discomfort and sore wrists.

It's the end results that keep me coming back for more. I've shined up some great chips. It's a good feeling to get it done.

I have a 100 pack of magic erasers en route.

I'll give it another go with something better than a toothbrush tomorrow to see how it goes.

How long do you pre-soak for? Thanks!

I guess it’s a matter of perspective. I’m not focused on the chips being “done”. I find that when they’re clean and put away, I miss part of it.
I may be crazy, but I love getting the package in the mail, then the process of getting them clean. I take my time and enjoy the ride.
Call it “Zen and the Art of Poker Chip Maintenance”

I have a 100 pack of magic erasers en route.

I'll give it another go with something better than a toothbrush tomorrow to see how it goes.

How long do you pre-soak for? Thanks!
I soak the chips a barrel at a time. I give them 15-20 mintutes, depending on level of grime.

I do a barrel at a time, or even 10 at a time if they are really dirty, as I do live in a constant paranoia that the soapy water is getting under the inlay. Ive still never had it happen. Even to the old Vegas singles I've found on eBay. Some of them, I'm afraid to submerge like that, but I'm getting brave.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom