Chip lab poker chips (1 Viewer)

BrokeDegenerate

Waiting List
Reaction score
Just got my custom poker chips from chiplab.com and super excited about it!
Ordered a “show em” chip which I technically spelled wrong, still looks great though. Also got a little “first out“ prize and finally a “free bet” chip for blackjack nights
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 370
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 471
Good for you, they look really nice!

Those spotted diamond molds are probably the nicest of the sluggers I’ve felt. Not too slippery, square edges, nice feel, and they look sharp!

Nice work!

I like the look of the mold impressions as well. Interesting and distinctive.

So how do the clay chips from them compare to like the Paulson Home Chips? I’m regally curious about these and they seem very reasonably priced..

So how do the clay chips from them compare to like the Paulson Home Chips? I’m regally curious about these and they seem very reasonably priced..

chiplab doesn't sale clay chips in the manner we refer to clay (like paulsons). Paulsons, CPC, TR KING, BCC, ASM and some older 20th century companies made/make compression molded chips that's what we mean when we say "clay".

Only GPI (Paulson) and CPC make these kind of chips now.

They are injected molded plastic chips, with a metal slug for extra weight, similar to Showdowns, The Mint, Outlaw, etc. If they weren’t customized, they’d sell for ~20¢ per chip. As far as inexpensive sluggers go, they seem pretty nice.

Not at all comparable to clay chips from Paulson, CPC, BCC, etc.

Chiplab has two product families - "clay" and "clay composite". Like almost all chips marketed with "clay" in the name, the word "clay" is meaningless here. Both product families are metal-slugged injection-molded plastic, and are completely unlike the compression-molded plastic chips that we refer to as clay, i.e. Paulsons and TR Kings etc.

That said, their "clay" chips feel much more clay-like than their "clay composite" chips. Nothing at all like Paulsons, but quite a bit different from, and nicer than, typical metal-slugged chips such as dice chips.

I don't encourage anyone to buy them, as I think there are probably better options for the price. But I do encourage anyone who's at all interested to order their free samples and feel them for yourself. And if it turns out you really like the way they feel and the price works for you, then more power to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom