Chip Identification (1 Viewer)

TheHun

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
First of all, I think there should be a section for chip identification. You know, somewhere everyone can post unidentified chips and others can help identify them.

Can anyone identify these chips?

They are ASM chips.
I think the Blue, red, and yellow are color samples, maybe?
The other one is not a current CPC mold, and I can't find info on it.

Help!

20220331_200514.jpg

Those solids are pretty cool. Do you have more?

Yeah have a few. Looks like someone removed an inlay but there's no scrape marks or chiped edges.

I assume they're no-mold chips, but I would think they'd have to be pressed with an inlay...otherwise they wouldn't have the inset they'd be flat like hotstamped chips?

The black and orange chip is on the Dieswirl mold. Since they’re blank, there’s nothing to really identify other than the mold and manufacturer, which should indeed be Burt Co/ASM, on the Dieswirl mold for this one. The blank solids are a bit of a mystery though, they do seem to be Burt/ASM clays, but I’ve never encountered a plain mold with a recess manufactured by them, so it may be a different mold altogether, or potentially an inlay removal like you said.

Yeah, upon closer inspection, there are small scrape marks in the centers. It does appear that an inlay was removed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom