Chip ID, please... (1 Viewer)

Burt Co. made chips for Marion & Co. using their E&C mold. ASM and CPC both offered chips to their customers using the mold for an additional usage fee paid to Marion & Co., but I don't think they (Marion) has sold chips for a very long time.

I never understood why some CPC mold chips cost much more. Is this the reason?

I never understood why some CPC mold chips cost much more. Is this the reason?
Mold efficiency also plays a part -- some molds have a lesser chip output or a higher reject rate, both of which equate to higher per-chip prices. The A-mold is always mounted, so it doesn't incur additional labor costs to install (unlike all other molds).

Mold efficiency also plays a part -- some molds have a lesser chip output or a higher reject rate, both of which equate to higher per-chip prices. The A-mold is always mounted, so it doesn't incur additional labor costs to install (unlike all other molds).

Thanks!

The “plain mold” is I think the third price tier which always baffled me.

May I translate?

You posted them on a public forum and someone else found them too and offered me more than I was asking....so I'm gonna sell them to someone else for more.
Certainly could be what happened, but I’m fine with that, $40 would have been my max anyway (and I would’ve likely haggled) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I wonder how long ago that was. Because it seems like solids have skyrocketed in demand in the past couple of years (here at least) since more people have started mulling.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/e-c-solids.30661/

two years ago I guess.

sold 1000 piece sets for 150 shipped.

I think i remember even taking less or giving away a bunch in the end for the price of shipping. not 100% sure though.

there might be a little more of a market for them right now, bit old asm solids have never really sold for much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom