Chip ID, please... (1 Viewer)

Colquhoun

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Seller wants $40, figured I’d ask here if anyone can ID these before I pursue. I figure I’ll need better photos from seller, but thought one of you experts might be able to quickly identify. Thanks!
A94A6206-A5A6-4751-B4FC-BCC546050F33.jpeg

EDC4A9FF-A1ED-4C8B-98C0-62753FDFE98D.jpeg

I may be totally wrong but at first glance they look like cheap plastics.

I may be totally wrong but at first glance they look like cheap plastics.
What’s the giveaway, the shine on the edges? I almost thought it looked like the unicorn mold, but I don’t know much of it’s history.

Plastic unicorn mold is my guess as well although I believe some unicorn mold were also used to make clay chips

Case is worth at least $20, and he’s got an automatic shuffler so you know he’s a pro. {sarcasm}. But I agree with Kyle, they look like E&C, and even if not they might make a good travel tournament set.

Probably worth about .30 FMV each is my guess maybe a little less given condition.
I don't think it's the condition that's the issue, as much as the quantities. But yeah, given that those quantities are fairly unplayable, I'll agree with that price. If there were more of them, maybe closer to fifty cents a chip?

I don't think it's the condition that's the issue, as much as the quantities. But yeah, given that those quantities are fairly unplayable, I'll agree with that price. If there were more of them, maybe closer to fifty cents a chip?

not for solids. honestly probably closer to 10 or 15c a chip.

I got several thousand e&c solids a while back and ended up selling them for around 10c each, and they were not easy to move at that price.

not a set your going to make money on, but if you like them they are worth the asking price.

I got several thousand e&c solids a while back and ended up selling them for around 10c each, and they were not easy to move at that price.

not a set your going to make money on, but if you like them they are worth the asking price.
Wish I got in on that deal

GAMBOL!!

Buy them and see what shows up :)

I meant the color variation as far as condition. I payed about $60 at auction here for a set of 200 of an odd breakdown (intended to use for heads up/three way set) in mint untouched condition. That’s where I was getting the .30 from.

Also, I've never seen a case like that, with rows on top, instead of padding

Elephant and Crown clay. CPC makes them now but not sure about historically
According to information here and on other sites, the mold is (still) owned by Marion & Co. CPC currently uses it for a per chip fee.

I assume ASM would be producing the chips that customers ordered at Marion & Co.

According to information here and on other sites, the mold is (still) owned by Marion & Co. CPC currently uses it for a per chip fee.

I assume ASM would be producing the chips that customers ordered at Marion & Co.
Burt Co. made chips for Marion & Co. using their E&C mold. ASM and CPC both offered chips to their customers using the mold for an additional usage fee paid to Marion & Co., but I don't think they (Marion) has sold chips for a very long time.

I wonder how long ago that was. Because it seems like solids have skyrocketed in demand in the past couple of years (here at least) since more people have started mulling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom