Chip design help (1 Viewer)

TheWhiteJZ

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi, I’m looking for someone to help design some chips for a charity event I am cohosting. The event is June 3, so I have a tight schedule. My plan is to order through @BR Pro Poker. In order to meet my timeline I’ll need designs in early may.

I have the basic concept determined, need guidance on colors and spots. Five different denominations.

Please PM me if you can help me with chip design on a tight timeline.

Thank you in advance!

Jesse

Ceramics will likely be your best option and those designs need to be submitted fast to meet your timeline. Semi-Customs on premade designs from any of BRPoker or SunFly or ABC gifts and Awards could be your best June 3rd bet.

We are a week away from our order deadline and I think @mattross1313 did a great job! See below. Any thoughts or suggestions from the peanut gallery :)

one quick question: am I going to regret cheaping out and not getting the edges aligned?

1650920107970.png

I like the designs a lot!
I think that if you're doing spot emulation with the design it'd be worth paying the extra for edge alignment personally, but it's really not a deal breaker, and probably extra forgivable for a special event set (I'm sure they'll find play after the event, but still).

Meaning no spots?

How would I alter to not need alignment?
Essentially no spots, yes; designs that don't run up to the edge with clay-inspired spots. Or more specifically, you can put spots on the edges without any part of the face design that has matches up with them.

Some examples:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/nuclear-monkey-ceramics.77042/
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/train-game-ceramics-by-j5.80123/
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/super-poker-world-chips-and-buttons.80552/
And my own ceramics from BR Pro where I did exactly that; unique spots on the edges for each denom, but nothing on the face that goes with them making alignment unnecessary: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/introducing-blaqk-palms-custom-ceramics.83166/

Meaning no spots?

How would I alter to not need alignment?

Not necessarily no spots. Spots on the faces only. Completely different design on the rolling edge that separates the faces.

Just don't put any edge spots on the rolling edge that do not match up to the edge spots on the faces, is what I'm saying.

Yes. I’m pushing the tiger theme quite extensively. Do you think that will be a problem? The bases being so different (and classic colors), I didn’t think it would be.
no just that sometimes we can forget were using the same color over, holding to the tiger theme makes sense. They should look great I hope the tournament plays out great

Design looks good! With a set like this you can also tempt ppl back yearly to continue the good work ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I did not know to tell matt that i was not going to spring for the edge alignment! Here is the update. any other thoughts before I ship them over to BRO?

Attachments

• 1650999134670.png
    1650999134670.png
    254.6 KB · Views: 107
Thanks for the feedback. I did not know to tell matt that i was not going to spring for the edge alignment! Here is the update. any other thoughts before I ship them over to BRO?
the other option is using the same colors on the edges. For example you could use the grey/orange for a design pattern with the red background for the $5. Or you could just pay for the alignment since its been talked about so much the OCD compels many of us to do these things. With your design, especially if they are not just single use I'd pay the extra amount. BR-Pro Im sure could do the adjustment (not sure about timing)

Simply backing the face spots away from the edge doesn't really solve the issue as the spots on the rolling edge are still exactly the same as the spots on the face. If this event is for non chippers then they probably won't even notice or care. But you'll know...

Simply backing the face spots away from the edge doesn't really solve the issue as the spots on the rolling edge are still exactly the same as the spots on the face. If this event is for non chippers then they probably won't even notice or care. But you'll know...
You will always know what could have been.....ALWAYS

I don't necessarily disagree with the above sentiments that it's still going to be a noticeable disconnect between face design and edge spots with the most recent update, but I also think that the change made is perfectly serviceable if you really don't want to pay the extra for the alignment.

I have a sample set of BR Pro's King of the River here on hand which have a similar design and are unaligned edges, and I think it works well enough for an affordable ceramic option. If the edges in the picture trigger any kind of OCD in you, then consider springing for the extra cost, but if not, I'd say you're good to go as-is!

CAE1BED5-ADF8-4C17-B21D-B63CCBDCEBAC.jpeg

Yeah, we modeled on that I I like it better than no spots in the face. It’s likely going to a non-chipper so they won’t even know it could have been different. If it was for me I would likely spring for it, but the budget is already a bit bigger than was allocated.

No offense to ceramics but if I do a custom house set for my game it’s CPC no question anyway. That said I’ll see how these come out (ordering a few extra samples to keep for myself)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom