Chip Cleaning? (1 Viewer)

What is best for cleaning clay poker chips ?
Is there any picture? Clay chip is often loosely use by vendor and sometime they are market as Clay and not actually Clay.

Clay & Non-Clay had very different cleaning method

Clay-CPC also are different from Clay in cleaning as you cant Ultrasonic clean them

I used dishwasher soap and a toothbrush to tackle 900 fairly dirty Paulson chips. That worked fine but it became very tedious.

To speed things up I used a scotch brite spunge instead of the tooth brush. I feared it was going to be too abrasive but imo they came out fine.

Dawn and a fine bristle nail brush. That brush will cover more of the chip and get the job done faster with less hand cramping

Reactions: DRG
There was an amazing, long and detailed threads on this topic on PCF. I would do a search for that one first. Boiled down to oxyclean and a brush, or magic eraser, a rinse and a dry, unless it was hot stamps.

Can we use harsher chemicals like bleach?
Hi Fellow Sinkie,

Not sure if anyone actually use bleach ever on chip cleaning, but can foreseen potential issue like colour fading off and inlay destruction

Plus there really no need for such harsh chemical to be use for chip cleaning

I've never cleaned chips before. Is there really no risk to the soap and water ruining the inlays? Do you need to dry them right away?

No...dawn or any mild soap is ok (and handwarm water)
Oxy 'n stuff is depending the material of the chip.

If you want to go chemical...check with the Ultrasonic posse
Not all of us Ultrasonic folks use harsh chemicals. I clean my chips with Ample dish soap, coarse salt (enough to make the solution hypertonic) and warm water approx 42 celcius as read on the ultrasonic machine. This method requires a single light wipe to too brush wipe across the chips and a repeat cycle of only 20 seconds x2 for great results. No chip requires shaking more than that unless they are covered in filth.

TL ; DR.

What is the best way to wash CPC chips. my bright white chips aren't so .. bright .. any more. Just soap and water with a toothbrush?

Last edited:
I'm cleaning up some Tuks, a few of the 1's have seen pretty heavy use but just using warm water dish soap and a toothbrush. It is slow process but they're coming up pretty well and only have 500 to work through. Plus I shouldn't need to clean them again with average home use. I'll try and add a couple of before and after pics.

Before and after.....
received_806152883867827.jpeg
received_5258709310922791.jpeg
received_2350665498454224.jpeg
received_1041983066474728.jpeg

"Doctor, I 've broken my arm in two locations"
"then, just don't ever go again to those locations"
Which means, don't ever buy white chips.

Jokes apart, if it's Paulsons, there is a truckload of information here about supersonic water machines.
If it's CPCs, then mild soap solution in lukewarm water, and a preferably electric and hard toothbrush.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom