Chip Cleaning (1 Viewer)

jbomb1018

Two Pair
Reaction score
I have a lot of chips that need to be cleaned. I started cleaning and 200 chips in about 3 hrs, still have 1000 left to go. Started thinking and tried looking around on here, does anyone have a chip cleaning service where you can send chips to that person or vendor and get them cleaned and then get shipped back?

Most people will suggest an ultrasonic cleaner. I opted for this method

Made a frame for an old cutting board I had and laid the chips in so that there's minimal movement. Take some soapy water and a nail brush and go to town scrubbing. Flip and repeat. Can do about 75 chips in about 10 min

20181102_151936.jpg

Made a frame for an old cutting board I had and laid the chips in so that there's minimal movement. Take some soapy water and a nail brush and go to town scrubbing. Flip and repeat. Can do about 75 chips in about 10 min

View attachment 520548

Do you have to go over the rolling edges separately?

This is a distant future question, but is there any way to mass-clean CPCs?

That is ... just ... FANTASTIC! What awesome ingenuity. How does it turn out when you clean them this way? Rough time to clean 1 rack?

Maybe 20 minutes or 2 beers. Cleans them pretty good. Might benefit more from a stiffer brush

Do you have to go over the rolling edges separately?

Yea I'll rinse off, put in the rack to line them up, grab a barrel with my thumb and forefinger and do the edges. Rinse again and lay out on a half of the towel and fold over the other half to soak up the majority of water. Then I'll use a microfiber towel to completely dry each one

View attachment 520548
Would something like this work?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200826-160208_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20200826-160208_Google.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 65
@K ALL IN 9 off topic question: Are US forces currently in Turkey? Incirlik?
I 'm trying to enjoy the distraction of chipping and I 'm 51 so not mobilised back to active service, but the truth is we are on the verge of war between Turkey and Greece:( The firepower involved would make Israeli-Arab wars look like a joke.
Apparently, you cannot reveal classified information on this or any other internet forum.
Just please write what you can.

@K ALL IN 9 off topic question: Are US forces currently in Turkey? Incirlik?
I 'm trying to enjoy the distraction of chipping and I 'm 51 so not mobilised back to active service, but the truth is we are on the verge of war between Turkey and Greece:( The firepower involved would make Israeli-Arab wars look like a joke.
Apparently, you cannot reveal classified information on this or any other internet forum.
Just please write what you can.

I'm not too familiar with what is causing tensions between the 2 countries nor can I give my opinion about it. It's no secret that we have an American presence in turkey (and even Greece). Turkey is a strategic location for us to be because of its close proximity to countries we have interest in and allows us to quickly project airpower to the region.

Thanks. I thought US forces were being gradually withdrawn from there, but let's not derail this tread further.
President Trump, at last, called last night the two nations' leaders. Let's cross our fingers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom