Chip cases that fit oversize (43mm) chips (1 Viewer)

I have a case that fits 43mm chips - fits 54 mint chips per a row you can squeeze 55 chips

chips on the left are 39mm, chips on the right are 43mm
IMG_4455.jpg IMG_4460.jpg IMG_4461.jpg IMG_4462.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard to retrofit one of the junky aluminum cases with wooden rows sized for 43mm chips - just pull out the base and replace. Using a Versa case would probably be best.

Other alternatives are the Claysmith cases with the foam cutouts expanded to fit 43mm racks. Same could be done with Pelican and similar cases.

The larger of the two SRA cases I posted about in their own thread fits 8 Bud Jones racks (3" x 9-1/4") of 43mm chips 4 x 2 very well.

This Davinci case from Amazon actually works. It's not perfect - when all the rows are filled with 43mm's, there's not QUITE enough space laterally, so some of the chips are pushed up, and won't sit flush on the bottom of the tray. But the padding on top is so thick, that the cover will still close and latch.
I guess the concern with this is that the chips' edges are in direct contact with the edges of the chips in the rows next to then. I'm not sure if long-term this would create wear on the edges. I'm thinking that if they're not moving around inside the case, they'd be fine. But I'm not sure.

image.jpg

I have a case that fits 43mm chips - fits 54 mint chips per a row you can squeeze 55 chips

chips on the left are 39mm, chips on the right are 43mm
View attachment 85862 View attachment 85863 View attachment 85864 View attachment 85865

Do you recall where you got this?

This Davinci case from Amazon actually works. It's not perfect - when all the rows are filled with 43mm's, there's not QUITE enough space laterally, so some of the chips are pushed up, and won't sit flush on the bottom of the tray.

If the edges are touching, I'd be concerned about rubbing during carry/transport to put wear on the edges, and concerned that knocking the case can lead to chip damage because they're touching.

If you alternate 39 and 43 mm, do they still touch?

Yes. The're not displacing one another like they do when it's all 43's, but they do seem to be very gently kissing.
image.jpg

I got the case from a guy I bought chips from.
I'm not sure where to find them but I'll be willing to sell the 1 I have if you're interested.

I'm thinking it might be some sort of coin storage case that just happened to work great for 43mm chips.

Does anyone know if they sell 43mm acrylic carriers? It sucks having no storage for them.

DOH! I didn't notice that part. I wonder if we did a group buy . . .

I doubt it would off set the shipping cost. I believe this was looked into for the first Boardwalk group buy and it was determined that it was simply to expensive.

I doubt it would off set the shipping cost. I believe this was looked into for the first Boardwalk group buy and it was determined that it was simply to expensive.
If you get 10 of them, it brings the total cost per case down to about $45. Not ideal, but not insane either.
Of course, then if you have to re-ship them, that's gotta be at least another $10 per. So, I guess not.

If you get 10 of them, it brings the total cost per case down to about $45. Not ideal, but not insane either.
Of course, then if you have to re-ship them, that's gotta be at least another $10 per. So, I guess not.

What we would need is for an importer to order a large batch and put them into container transport - i.e., weeks on a ship. Then we'd only be paying for local re-ship.

Anybody know a way to put a product request into Amazon's buyer system? We could use the forums to recruit a large number of requests to hit them...

Pretty sure that Sun-Fly will only ship via Air Freight, same as Matsui. Something to do with not being able to get them out of local customs otherwise....

Pretty sure that Sun-Fly will only ship via Air Freight, same as Matsui. Something to do with not being able to get them out of local customs otherwise....

Yes, that's why we'd need an importer who does that with large batches of stuff through an export broker.

The larger of the two SRA cases I posted about in their own thread fits 8 Bud Jones racks (3" x 9-1/4") of 43mm chips 4 x 2 very well.

This works great for 800 43mm chips+ cards and buttons. Saw this in @pltrgyst 's thread and got a case. I'm planning on getting 2-3 more for my large Boardwalk order. With a USPS bubble envelope slipped in the top, the chips don't budge when the lid is closed. A perfect fit! I used PGI 43mm racks, and they fit snug.

Last edited:
Anyone know if there are 43mm versions of those 4x25 clear acrylic boxes with lids? I'd like to find some.

It's a very snug fit. So snug that a plastic card setup box won't fit in the extra space (too thick). I could only fit my decks that came in paper boxes. But if you have less than the full 800 chips, things can be arranged to fit a Kem or Copag setup on top of the partial racks.

Here's a link to the cases on Amazon, so you don't have to find the old thread:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ORYBEFK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is the larger case that I have pictured, good for 8 43mm racks and some cards. According to the @pltrgyst 's original thread, there is another available that is perfect for 8 39mm racks, but I have no experience with it.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom