Chip Cases for Mini Travel Sets of 100, 160, and 200 Chips? (1 Viewer)

Hairy_Crocodile

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm looking for a good travel case for my mini travel set I'm making. I have been looking at a few different configurations of the mini travel set and want to shop around for everyones favorite chips cases for each size of set so i have an idea of what products are out there for when I buy.

I am not a fan of the cheap latches on the aluminum and some wooden chip cases I have seen lately. I have seen 2 cases that have caught my eye, the pelican 1170 that can hold my 100 chip set and probably a deck of cards and a butoon., and the cheap 160 chip zip up case I've seen some folks post about on here. Though ugly as sin, and I hate those kinds of materials, the 160 case seems like a decent travel choice that isnt bulky. The pelican case looks bombproof, but probably is bulky for the miniature set, and defeats the purpose of it being a mini portable set potentially.

What are you favorite cases for these small sets?

If you aren't looking to the case for security, and it's going to be packed inside a larger suitcase os something similar, I've found this small leather case from Spinetti's to be useful for 200 chips:
Case1.jpg

More chips than youre looking to carry, but I use a zip Bicycle case with upgraded starting stack tubes (the ones the come in the case won’t work for 39mm chips iirc). I got mine gently used for like $5 on Facebook I think.
B23BDB77-6DA1-4AC7-9B9B-AAD73CF20827.png
C58F7FD8-8238-4DFA-A429-BEB3B8521A51.jpeg

I’ve gotten all my mini travel cases from searching for small cheapo chipsets on eBay. You can often get these things, chips and all, for $10-$20. Just throw out the cheap plastic chips and you’re good to go.

On a related note, I’ll never understand this site’s obsession with pelican style cases. If people like them because they’re cool, great, enjoy them! But if people honestly think they need that level of protection for their chips, I need to know what exactly they’re doing with their chips. Short of checking them as baggage on a trip, or maybe bringing them along for some whitewater rafting, I can’t imagine why you’d need a pelican style case for poker chips.

I've seen these 100-chip cases mentioned (positively) on PCF a few times. Not cheap (both in quality and in price) and not particularly compact/light, though.

1642715090301.png

There's also a 300-chip version. Their 500/1000-chip cases are identical to the Versa Deluxe ones sold by DPS, so these are the little brothers.

How many chips does it hold in each row ? Have you tried putting chips where the cards are ?

5F40A25F-7AA2-42B4-BD77-C7FFA694AC59.jpeg

That’s a rack of mint paulsons, right there. Each row will hold 39 mint Paulsons.
They’re really wedged in there, which you can do, due to the nature of the foam. 38 fit more comfortably. But for typical excellent+ Paulsons, 39 would probably fit comfortably.
The card compartments (poker size) will hold two rows of 20 mint Paulsons each. Again, wedged tightly in there.
So this case would hold 156 mint Paulsons with cards or 136 mint Paulsons without cards.

And here it is holding 240 crystal Palace chips (Paulsons that are maybe good to very good on average?)
C8CE7465-7589-4A44-869C-C6C0C9CAEE8A.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 849606

That’s a rack of mint paulsons, right there. Each row will hold 39 mint Paulsons.
They’re really wedged in there, which you can do, due to the nature of the foam. 38 fit more comfortably. But for typical excellent+ Paulsons, 39 would probably fit comfortably.
The card compartments (poker size) will hold two rows of 20 mint Paulsons each. Again, wedged tightly in there.
So this case would hold 156 mint Paulsons with cards or 196 mint Paulsons without cards.

And here it is holding 160 crystal Palace chips (Paulsons that are maybe good to very good on average?)
View attachment 849616

Thanks. It looks like you could cut the foam at the end of the rows to even hold a few more chips.

Thanks. It looks like you could cut the foam at the end of the rows to even hold a few more chips.
I just fixed the numbers - bad math on my original post. Yes, it’ll hold 240 chips as is, and yes, I’m sure with some careful work, you could cut out more foam and make it more.

I bought one of the Full Tilt cases on eBay. It shipped within 5 days. I was able to fit 39 Aria’s cards mold chips in each of the outer 4 rows and 43 chips in the inner two rows by simply cutting out the divider between the cards and using another piece of foam between the rows.

864B8062-B5E1-4963-9FF1-1976CE5E9803.jpeg

This allows room for six T50K starting stacks of 10/8/15/6 plus three T50K rebuys.

048E1675-80DE-46EC-BF3F-C7D71A2E65B2.jpeg

Thanks for the recommendation :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom